Sign in to follow this  
Guest DWillens

Update 1 Looks Good

No problems so far! And you even fixed my problem with the "door secure" card which was crashing FS9 (and you didn't even put that one in the list!).I do have one question though: before takeoff the card says "door secure" but at some point during the climb or initial cruise (I haven't checked to see where exactly) the card is turned back over to "door not secure"...then sometime during the descent it is turned back over again to "door secure". Is this correct? Shouldn't the card say "door secure" during the entire flight? Maybe I just don't understand the procedure for how they use the card?Anyway, thanks again for your hard work. It is much appreciated!Damon

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Damon,The card itself is not a flight deck door secure card, it is actually a card that tells the HP and the NHP that the cabin is secure, i.e. all pax seated, counted and the stews have ensured that all seatbelts are secured.The card is changed on the taxi out when the SCCM calls the flight deck to announce cabin secure, it is turned back to not secure when you ask the NHP for seatbelts to auto in the climb or crz, and it is placed back to secure at FL100 in the descent (whether you have asked for the seatbelts back to on or not).Once the engines are shut down at the gate, and the NHP has completed his shutdown flow, i.e. beacons off and seatbelts signs to off, the card becomes not secure again.Hope this helps.Chris

Damon,Chris is right, when the FA phones the cockpit during taxi the FO flips the card to secure.During the climb when the tell the FO to set the seatbelts to auto the FO will flip the card to non-secure.During the climb when the FA phones the cockpit around 11,000 feet to tell the FO that the cabin is secure for landing, the FO will flip the card to secure.At the gate, FO sets card to non-secure when the seatbelts signs are off.-Bryan

Ahhhh!!!I guess that's why it says "cabin secure" and not "cockpit secure". Obviously I didn't understand the purpose of the card.Thanks again!Damon