Sign in to follow this  
Guest jayson2830

Captain calls "Manual braking"

Guest jayson2830

When I get to 2oo feet I disconnect the autopilot and Autothrottle. As soon as the aircraft touches down the captain calls " manual braking". The aircraft is still traveling at a high speed. I have to re-set the autobraking because manual braking cant slow the speed enough and I over-run the runway.

Hi there,Manual breaking is actually much more effective than the autobrakes.Our VA SOP is to deactivate the autobreak at 80kts, and close the thrust reversers.Just re-read the post again, and sorry for the above answer. It sounds like you have a problem with the autobreak sensitivity, this can be one of two reasons.If using FSUIPC do not calibrate any toe break axes through FSUIPC, If not using FSUIPC for rudder controls try increasing the null zone on the toe break axes or reducing the sensitivity of the axis, it sounds like you are getting some noise in there, and that will affect the autobrakes

Manual Braking Logic is this:At 50' RA FS2Crew checks to see if the autobrake is at position 1 or greater. If it is the the manual braking call is armed.Once the wheels touch the ground, the "manual braking" call will play when the autobrake switch moves to the disarm position (this will happen if you tap the brakes... and -in theory- if you move the speedbrake handle slightly forward... don't think LVLD models that though) and the IAS is greater than 40 knots.Hope that offers a clue.Bryan

Guest DieterA

I think I had this same issue once before. If memory serves me correct, it was because I landed with the speed brake activated (in the up position). May be worth a check...Dieter

Guest jayson2830

I have the speed brake "armed". I disconnect the Autothrottle and Autopilot at 200 feet. As soon as the wheels touch down the speed brake activates and then releases , the captain calls " manual braking and the first officer turns autobrakes to off. I have to pause fs2004 and re-set the autobrakes ,then unpause and continue.

Hi Rich,There is nothing in the code that would cause the FO to disarm the autobrake.Make sure you're not landing with the parking brake on or something.I can't think of what else would automatically cause the autobrake to disarm. -Bryan

Guest jayson2830

I was wrong about the autobrake being disarmed. I gets set to 1.If I set it from anything from 2 to max it gets re-set to 1. I tried a landing without arming the speedbrakes and had the same result. I checked to be sure the parking brake was not on also.

Hi Rich,Run the FS2Crew Start Center and switch to the original, non-FS2Crew modified panel.cfg.FS2Crew will not load if you use the panel.cfg without the FS2Crew entries.See if you can reproduce it.I take all reports seriously, but frankly with this one I'm at a loss...I need something I can reproduce.-Bryan

Guest jayson2830

Bryan It does the same thing with the original Non FS2crew panel installed so that gets FS2crew off the Hook. I will have to look at the problem from a different angle.