Sign in to follow this  
Guest tero_m

manual events

Hi all,first let me say that playing with FS2Crew for LDS767 makes a lot of fun. I just got it several days ago.My question is: 1. Could someone explain to me, what a "manual event" as described in the tutorial does mean. Is it done by the cockpit crew in real or is it something specific for FS2Crew?And can I do manual events with knobs other than the A/T Arm switch?Sorry, I did not find the Manual Event section for more information.2. Why does the F/O say "once - twice - three times" every time an altitude check is done?Any help welcome.CheersTero_m

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hmmm,Hi Tero_m,2. According to information that I have a manual event can be carried as directed by flight ops management, or engineering, or at the captains discretion to record parameters if there is a suspect condition.But.........................In FS2crew a manual event is used to trigger "extra random" events such as Sick Pax, or smokers in the the toilet.2. The F/O says once..twice..three times, as I assume that he is checking all three altimeters on the flight deck for similar readings.Take Once for his altimeterTwice for yoursThree times for the standy altimers, all of which must be checked to ensure that they all read the same. This is not a problem in the LDS as they are all tied together.Chris

Hi Tero,At the First Choice, they do an engine reading in cruise (a manual event). My understanding is they do it every flight.For context, the 747 version of FS2Crew does not model "manual event engine readings" by the crew because the 744 captures trend/analysis data automatically.Cheers,Bryan