Sign in to follow this  
Luke

Engaging Autopilot - Can you?

Is there anything "magic" I need to do before the autopilot engages? I have patch 3 I believe (gauge size 14,909,440 bytes) FS9.1, latest FSUIPC and I have all AC packs, hydraulics, generators and yaw damper engaged.I have repeatedly attempted to take off, get to around 2500' at flaps 0 and 240 kts, and engage the autopilot. I'm trying to use CWS and just let the autopilot keep the aircraft trimmed, but when I click on either AP switch, 90% of the time nothing happens. Hitting Z does nothing as well. The aircraft certainly does not go into autopilot.Why is the autopilot not engaging?Cheers!Luke

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>your joystick must be centered before AP engageSorry, that didn't seem to make a difference. I recalibrated my yoke to ensure it was all centered, and then I did my takeoff again. Got into nice and level flight, and went completely hands off the yoke.Clicked the toggle switches (left and right) numerous times and they did nothing. I typed Z and the red "autopilot disconnect" light flashed, and then went away when I hit Z again. Tried clicking on the toggle switches again some more. Still nothing.What am I doing wrong? This is an excellent aircraft/panel/sound combo and I'd just want to be able to use the A/P from time to time. You mention that the joystick must be centered - what is the specific logic that the RP autopilot is checking? I can run FSInterrogate for you if it's FSUIPC-visible to see what data I'm spitting out.Cheers!Luke

Are you setting up the hydraulics and power properly. Both engine driven generators are on bus? Both 'B' system hydraulic pumps are ON? Both 'A' system hydraulic pumps are ON?Not setting up the panel properly will cause issues with trying to engage the AP. Please check that the panel is fully set up for flight. Can you take a screen shot of the overhead panel, in flight, and post it here?Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpg

>Are you setting up the hydraulics and power properly. Both>engine driven generators are on bus? Both 'B' system hydraulic>pumps are ON? Both 'A' system hydraulic pumps are ON?Yup, checked that all were on.>Can you take a screen shot of the overhead>panel, in flight, and post it here?Sure, you can see it at ovPanel.jpg.I was able to toggle the autopilot after about 20 attempts. It seems like it is incredibly sensitive as to the yoke being centered. Is there any way to loosen the sensitivity any? It seems like it's pretty unreliable if I can be in level flight and have a 1/10 chance of turning on the autopilot.Cheers!Luke

The right place to address this is at the joystick input. If you have the unrestricted version of FSUIPC, you can program a dead zone at the centers of the stick axes. RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile