Sign in to follow this  
Guest astrojet

ASI still not working

Installed TinMouse 737 along with Patch 2, but ASI inop.Installed Patch 3 & 4, but ASI still inop (everything else OK).All other posts I could find here regarding this issue seemed to be fixed with installation of patch, or FSUIPC.dll in Modules folder. Anyone have any other suggestions or ideas on what I might be doing wrong?Thanks very much for any help on this!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have you connected the generators to the electrical buses? Are there any other off flags, such as in the EPR gauges? The ASI wil be flagged inop if you haven't connected a power source.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Hi Bob,I did connect the generators to the buses, and do not have any OFF flags, even for the ASI. Voice callouts (80 knots, etc) appear to work OK, just no airspeed indication. Needle and digital airspeed readout on the ASI will not come off the peg as the aircraft accelerates during takeoff. Even checked the pitot tubes on the walk-around --- no blockages. ;>) Any other thoughts? Thanks again.Wayne

do you have the Pitot heat on? are you flying in icing?maybe try and load a default flight with avionics on that is my only guess!

Thanks, Kreg.This one's got me stymied. Pitot heat is on, no icing, and I did try various combinations of loading a flight --- first loading a default aircraft with avionics on then switching to the TM 737, then an initial load of the 737, then switching to default 172 and back to 737, etc. --- no joy. The ASI does seem to have power, as the OFF flag disappears with AC power available. Didn't make any changes to the acft cfg other than those specified in the patch readme or when adding repaint entries. I'm thinking maybe I got a corrupt gauge download or something. I'll try a fresh install and see how that goes. Thanks again for the help. In the meantime, if anyone stumbles across this problem and finds a fix, I would appreciate any info!Best regards,Wayne

just an idea, wayne.i think that ASI functionality is strictly connected to the FSUIPC interface. Are you running with the latest version (of FSUIPC) available?Are the two EGT gauge operational?alex

Thanks, Alex and John! You guys are geniuses. That was it --- my version of FSUIPC was not up to date. Put in v3.65 and that fixed it. Thanks very much!Wayne