Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

w6kd

Need PDCS Documentation (real world)

If someone out there has access to a Boeing-Lear PDCS manual, I could use some more detail on the real one, as I am working towards completion of the one Richard Probst started in the original TinMouse. I have several B732 AFMs, but neither has anything on the PDCS.Right now I am leaning on a PDCS that can drive the EPR bugs based on the -9, -15, and -17R (default) variants of the JT8D. By flying the reduced EPR schedules of the -15 or -9, one can fairly closely replicate the performance of these engines without need for a separate FDE.The new PDCS is expected to debut with v1.1 of the TinMouse II, hopefully a few weeks from now.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Bob, I will look around; I may be able to find one. This is another piece of equipment I was eagerly waiting modeling on. :)regards,

Guatavo, I would imagine doing a version that just drives the EPR gauges and ASI would be sufficient for the moment; It helps a lot to just have the PDCS set the correct EPR for you (When selected of course). I am honestly not a fan of automation in the likes of autothrottles coupled to FMC's, as they greatly simply things and, at least for FS in my opinion, makes it boring :) . Of course it is up to Bob which version he decides to do.regards,Macs :)

PMI* can give you the EPR, you just need to adjust (If is your desire) the EPR BUG.you really don't need the full A/T sys. And I share the same point of view about automation in FS.One thing really good, and don't really need the PDCS, is the TAT/EPR gauge.the TAT/EPR in the "newest" 737-200, the F/O select the mode of the gauge.TO/GA - MCT - CLB - CRZ (MAX CRZ EPR)regards,gustavo.PMI - Performance Management IndicatorPMS - Performance Management System

I like the TAT/EPR gauge, but have decided to go with fleshing out the PDCS primarily due to limitations on panel real estate. For those with single monitors, it's a better solution to set the mode on the PDCS and then have EPR schedule cues available through the PDCS-driven EPR gauge bugs on the main panel. I may do the TAT/EPR gauge at some point in the future as an option.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob, I wanted to send you a private message, but you show as non-existent :-hmmmIt's regarding the PDCS :)regards,Macs :)

You can always use the TinMouse II support e-mail.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

I was always quite keen on a better PDCS for this product - I will gladly scan the whole thing (about 90 pages or so I think) if it will mean a better reproduction for all.

As a big favor for myself, as a one very much interested in the technical aspects of this great aircraft, I would very much like a copy of this manual (if you have scanned it).This would be very much appreciated.If you are ok with this request, how will I be able to receive it?Regards.

I was always quite keen on a better PDCS for this product - I will gladly scan the whole thing (about 90 pages or so I think) if it will mean a better reproduction for all.
Was this document ever posted. Reason for the question is we operate a B737-200 for enginering training & cannot get our hands on on a copy to trouble shoot the system. Any help would be appreciated.