Sign in to follow this  
byork

Pre-Release Notes

Captains,As we approach release day, here are some things to note:1. Please ensure your PMDG is totally up-to-date with the latest PMDG Service Updates. If you're not sure if your PMDG 747 has the latest service updates installed, re-install them just to be sure. Your PMDG 747 needs to be current with the latest PMDG Updates before you install FS2Crew. That is critically important.2. The initial release of FS2Crew 747 works with the PMDG 747 Passenger models, regardless of whether you own the Freighter Upgrade or not. The initial version of FS2Crew for the PMDG 747 is universal for all pax models. 3. FS2Crew 747 comes with a "Quick Start" tutorial that is available in PDF or viewable via the FS9 Kneeboard. The Quick Start tutorial is about 7 pages long; it gives you a point-by-point description of what you need to do to successfully make a flight in the simplest terms possible in the shortest amount of time.The Quick Start tutorial is not meant to replace the full FS2Crew 747 manual, which, in true FS2Crew fashion, is quite large.4. A common question I get is: Do I need to be a PMDG 747 expert to use FS2Crew? The short answer is 'no', but you should at least know how to setup the FMC and make a basic flight.5. A discount coupon will be available for pre-existing FS2Crew customers. In the 747 version of FS2Crew, I was able to re-use a few of the sound files (like the FA cabin announcements and some of the Captain's PA's), so I am able to pass the cost savings on to the end user.All the best,Bryan York

That's good news Bryan ! Can't help having a copy for my PMDG 747 !BUT when will I know the result for the free copy's contest before I buy it ;-) ? If I win a free copy, I wouldn't have bought one before LOL !rgds/ Stephane

vpa055.png

Hello Stephane,The contest winners' names will be announced on the website just prior to the release and they will receive an email.I have been swamped with contestants, we'll just have to see who the lucky 10 are on Sept 1st...Chrs,Bryan