Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Bowcut

Resizing the overhead panel, quick tip

I'm sure a lot of you guys here have already realized this, but for those of us who have had problems (especially during the after landing checklist) with the PMDG 747 main overhead panel completely blocking your vision when automatically called up by FS2crew, you can simply re-size this window and FS2crew will still function perfectly.From the VC, press Shift-2 to bring up the Main Overhead, then using your mouse resize the main overhead panel before commencing a flight with FS2Crew (you can really make it super small), and then 'grab' the resized window and move to a corner or whereever it's the least obtrusive. For some reason you have to initially move (drag) the resized window or FS2004 will automatically blow it up to the original size when the Overhead panel is called by FS2crew. You only have to drag it once, however, and it will stay sized-down in that position throughout your flight. Not sure why this is! After you have shrunk the Overhead panel window, press Shift-2 to hide it and start up FS2crew. FS2Crew will call the Overhead panel as needed and all mouse clicks FS2crew automatically does will still work fine. You now have complete, unobstructed vision throughout all phases of flight! The now shrunken Overhead will barely be noticeable. Cool!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Peter,Very good suggestion for people who fly exclusively from the VC.Good tip :-)-Bryan

Again I come here and find a useful tip!Fantastic idea. This was one thing that drove me nuts, expecially yes at Runway exit time when you're still at around 20-30kts. A lot can happen outside in 3 seconds when you can't see!