Sign in to follow this  
rgamurot

Copilot reconfiguring Fuel system too early

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Ryan,Are you letting the PMDG auto-configure the fuel and pumps for you?When you adjust the fuel load via the PMDG menu, the pumps will self-configure. FS2Crew commands the FO to configure the pumps (center, tank/eng) when certain fuel levels are reached. It's important that the pumps be in the expected configuration.If, for whatever reason, the FO is not configuring the the fuel pumps the way you want him to, you can always just re-configure the pumps manually.Cheers,Bryan

I let everything auto-configure itself. It's just that my FO turns off the centre tank before it hits 2000lbs so I get pressure lights on both pumps. Then, he sets TANK/ENG before the aircraft reaches this point so I have to go back in and undo everything until tanks 2 and 3 are equal to 1 and 4. It use to work but for some reason, it stopped a little while ago. I guess I'll just stick to doing everything manually.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

If it used to work, but then it stopped acting the way you expected to, the thing to do is figure out what you're doing different since code doesn't usually morph.Cheers,Bryan

Hi Ryan,Not sure. Generally though you should select your fuel load via the PMDG menu prior to pushback. That will ensure the pumps are configured correctly.-Bryan