Sign in to follow this  
Guest rbumm

Autostart of client applications

Guest rbumm

Hi, Maybe not directly related to Simconnect - but: I'd like to start my SimConnect client application (exe) automatically when FSX is started. I understand exe.xml and edited it to load my client, with the full path of the client program. Works - but: There is a nasty screen asking for permission to load the program each time FSx ist started - and it wont go away even when you select the checkmark not to ask again. And, although my client is started, it is started from FSX home directory and not from the home directory envirement of the client program, which is very disturbing - the client does not find the ini files etc. Any idea on this ? Like this forum btw - top responses to all problems so far. regardsrudolf

>Hi, >>Maybe not directly related to Simconnect - but: >>I'd like to start my SimConnect client application (exe)>automatically when FSX is started. >I understand exe.xml and edited it to load my client, with the>full path of the client program. Works - but: >There is a nasty screen asking for permission to load the>program each time FSx ist started - and it wont go away even>when you select the checkmark not to ask again. >>And, although my client is started, it is started from FSX>home directory and not from the home directory envirement of>the client program, which is very disturbing - the client does>not find the ini files etc. >>Any idea on this ? >>Like this forum btw - top responses to all problems so far. >>regards>rudolf>First... the 'permission' issue. Your application is now required to have a Digital Signature identifying the publisher. If it doesn't have that, the user will have to approve it's execution every time it gets started by FSX.Second... because FSX is starting the application, it will always run 'in' the FSX folder. It's up to you to write code to figure out where your application actually is and thus 'know' where the files you seek are located.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

>There is a nasty screen asking for permission to load the>program each time FSx ist started - and it wont go away even>when you select the checkmark not to ask again. I think to get around that you have to get your code signed using a certificate purchased from a recognised Certificate issuer (Verisign, Globalsign, etc). Then the warning will occur once but with your 'trademark' showing you to be the bona fide source and an option to "always" load files from you. You get put into the "Trusted Certificate" list in IE.This is all part of the increasing levels of security MS are imposing, and I am informed it will be even more so in Vista.If you visit fsdeveloper.com there is a group trying to organise into an FS signing authority, which should be cheaper. Verisign and so on are expensive.>And, although my client is started, it is started from FSX>home directory and not from the home directory envirement of>the client program, which is very disturbing - the client does>not find the ini files etc. I've never trusted the current folder to be the one my program is loaded from. You need to use something like GetModuleFileName (windows API) to get your path.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

In Exe.xml, set to "False". The sample version of exe.xml included with the SDK (which you may have used like I did) has this set to true, which means every time it loads, it asks your permission.