Sign in to follow this  
dlhusk

Those Crazy Guys at Microsoft!! This is Fun! Tokyo Transport

I just flew a mission in FSX called " Tokyo Executive Transport". In it I flew a Bell jet ranger and picked up 3 passengers from a heliport in Shidome and then flew them to Tokyo Narita Intl Airport, after landing at Narita I thought the mission was over but got a surprise. I will not tell you what it is because I did not finish it have to go back and rerun, check it out but don't tell the secret!Happy Flying, Good Job Microsoft!!!Danny

I'm glad you are liking it. I'll be interested to hear what you think when you've completed the optional path.This is one of my personal favorites and was also one of the favorites of many beta testers.

Hi PC-12, I don't suppose you guys could have made this mission any harder LOL!!! I got back on it tonight after taking a day or two sabbatical and what an adventure. I will not give away any of the mission, but I have one question? I am on the 3rd leg of the mission and now that I am at the "hideout" my secret agent has been quiet, I am expecting to hear him say "There they are, now do thus and thus, but nothing!! You don't suppose that you could give a little hint?...Good Job anyway! Danny

Just follow the challenger all the way and you will be fine. One strange thing about the save games though... If you save after an animation in the scenery, when the save game is loaded the animations reset. It's a nasty bug that slipped through the cracks. If you save really near the end and don't see a runway, that's probably why.Did you see the special Russian vehicle (don't want to spoil it for others)?

Guest dalillama

So, I'm kinda of in the situation--I landed, I'm inside the cave and... nothing. Nothing happens. I've got the ekranoplan to the right of me, the landed challenger to my right, I even opened the airstair--nothing happens. What'd I miss? DaliP.S. Nice Dr. Evil castle on the hill, btw... =)

Good Luck, Dali...I never got that far. I can see the Challanger through the tunnel but have not figured out how to land. When you consider the time spent in "tweaking" FSX and then the missions it gets to be one huge time vacuum. I have decided to fly on "low" settings and then wait for Santa to bring me a new box and then I will have 2 presents in one.BTW another mission that is giving me a fit is the Tutorial #12 with the Robinson Chopper. I cannot controll that little mosquito, when I try to manevur it starts this "rocking" motion and takes forever to bring it back. I fly the jetranger lots better.Enjoy,Danny

>I'm glad you are liking it. I'll be interested to hear what>you think when you've completed the optional path.>>This is one of my personal favorites and was also one of the>favorites of many beta testers.P-12C...Please pass on Congratulations to whomever wrote this mission. I just finished it and got my "Knighthood", Hooray! I must say that was a nail biter, like to see more of same either from MS or 3rd party, amazing tool these missions.Thanks Again, DannyPS I started saving this about every 2-3 minutes as I was following on the last leg, recommend that to whoever runs it, another hint, when you get close to Dr Evils island watch closely.I saved it for the last time as I was following the Challenger into the Islands.Good Job!

Once you get success at the island, that's it... There has been some call for a sequel to this one, so maybe we will do one. Or maybe one of you will do one.

Practice makes perfect... I assume you did the previous helicopter tutorials? If not, I recommend doing them. Then maybe fly some of the helicopter missions and then come back to Tutorial 12.

I'll take some credit for most of the concept and forcing it into the product, but the missions team did a great job iterating on the script and making it all come together. It certainly could have been done better, but as one of our more fringe "out there" missions I am pretty happy with it.

Guest Artus_407

i really wonder that most of you guys can play this mission.On my system (P3,2 with 2 gigs ram and a ati 9800xt)i get heavy stutters when flying to the first pickup point. its a horror.On the other side in areas like Rio de Janeiro i can fly without stutters.What are you doing "right" ??Carsten

Carsten, I cannot run the mission "all out" I ran mine on defaults and it was fine. On my system defaults are "all set on low". I am waiting to upgrade my memory and also graphics card and I should be able to bump up. I have a HP Media Center PC w/Radeon X300 (128mb) Memory,512mb Ram, and it is Intel p4 2.8ghz.I get about 12-15 on low settings, I can do better tweaking it but I have decided to stop tweaking till I upgrade the hardware and enjoy the experience for now. Try it and see how you do, Danny

P-12C,Yes I did the other Tutorials before this one and also did lots of free flights with the Robinson. The only problem that I have is keeping the nose pointed, it wants to start swinging like a pendulum, if you know what I mean. I tried it again yesterday and did better I got all the way up but crashed on the downside :-(As you said just like the Island "that is what makes FSX so great" we learn as we go. The Missions force us to do better.Thanks for your work,Danny

Guest Artus_407

>Carsten, I cannot run the mission "all out" I ran mine on>defaults and it was fine. On my system defaults are "all set>on low". I am waiting to upgrade my memory and also graphics>card and I should be able to bump up. I have a HP Media Center>PC w/Radeon X300 (128mb) Memory,512mb Ram, and it is Intel p4>2.8ghz.>>I get about 12-15 on low settings, I can do better tweaking it>but I have decided to stop tweaking till I upgrade the>hardware and enjoy the experience for now. Try it and see how>you do, Danny>Hi,you think a new graphic card will bump up fsx ? I am quite not sure buying a new one. i was thinking about a gainward 7800 but maybe it would be better to upgrade the cpu ??

Guest satcomvato

>Hi,>>you think a new graphic card will bump up fsx ? I am quite not>sure buying a new one. i was thinking about a gainward 7800>but maybe it would be better to upgrade the cpu ??I think you'd see more benefit upgrading the video card. My desktop is a 1.7GHz and my laptop is a 1.8GHz and it runs fine on both. The laptop has a better video card (ATI 256MB rather than the desktop nVidea 128MB) so the laptop gets a little bit smoother of a frame rate, but as long as the settings are kept conservative I don't experience any choppiness. I think (of course I could be wrong) the folks who are having the most problems need to do some computer maintenance. Your computer can still run like crap no matter how fast the CPU is or how much RAM you have. A good tune up program (I like "Tune-up Utilities") can do wonders for people who aren't big enough geeks to know all of the settings to mess with in order to get your computer running right. Windows gets slower and slower over time unless you do maintenance, and performance issues can often be attributed to lack of maintenance.