Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veracity

SP2 Issue With Windows Vista Ultimate 64

Hi allAfter a brief hiatus from flight simming I recently purchased a new gamming rig.I'm running a 790i mainboard with a QX9770 liquid cooled and clocked @ 4.1Ghz4 gig of DDR3 OCZ memory along with 3x SLI 8800 GTX wuth the latest driversI installed FSX SP1 along with the latest 3rd pary add-on aircraft. Everything ran fine until I installed SP2. FSX loads and as soon as I select my aircraft and fly I get a message reading:"Your display drivers stopped functioning and recovered" with nvdlddmkm listed as the problem.This has only happened with FSX and upon removal of SP2 it went away.I've seen this issue listed around the internet with no real solution and wondered if anyone around here knows of a concrete fix.Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HiI haven't experienced the message that you quoted, but I am cosistently haveing CTD with my FSX. I do have WinVista 64, but I am doing a dual boot with Win Xp. I should be able to let you know in a couple of days if it has fixed it, but I am pretty sure that is the problem because Winvista does something different with the memory than WinXp does (to read more at http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/747-4..._&_Performance) I should be able to let you know soon.Evan

Update:I started playing with my video drivers and rolled them back to 169.25 WHQLI then reinstalled FSX SP2 and it seems to be working okay under that driver set. I do however have some strange sound distortion that wasn't present before in the way of little pops, clicks, and minor audio stutters.Any information on the audio distortion would be appreciated.FSX is a tough beast to tame.Thanks!

Try the new 177.92 nVidia driver and make sure that you have HPET (High Performance Event Timer) enabled in your BIOS as Vista 64 seems to need it. Fixed lots of system freezes for me.Hope this helps.Jim Allen