Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Mower

FSX doesn't like ALT TAB in Vista 64.

I find that ALT TAB does not work well with Vista 64 and tends to corrupt FSX to the extent that it must be task manager shut down.Making it very hard to start up RC.Solutions? Thanx.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I find that ALT TAB does not work well with Vista 64 and>tends to corrupt FSX to the extent that it must be task>manager shut down.>>Making it very hard to start up RC.>>Solutions? Thanx.I'm using Vista64 and do not have any issues ALT-TABing between FSX and the desktop. What type of video card are you using? and are your drivers up to date?

BFG 8800 GTS w/ 568 MB DRAM, latest nVidia drivers but also tried previous ones including the old stand by v163.

Do you have Vista SP1. I also had trouble with ALT/TAB, but seems better with all the updates. Although, usually I go to windowed mode then minimize.Bob

As I recall, this is a known driver issue at NVIDIA with FSX. If you read the info they provide for each release of display drivers, this is shown as an issue (or it was up to the 177.83 WHQL release). Good luck in seeing a fix. Best way to goto the desktop is to Alt/Enter to get to Windowed Mode, goto desktop, then Alt/Enter back to Full Screen.Jim