Sign in to follow this  
JimBob

Suggestions Please

OK , FSuX is going to have to wait for a good while ! In the meantime I want to upgrade my FS9 to keep me entertained for the duration ( however long that is ). I have all the A/C I want , ActiveSky and Radar Contact. What I have not installed are any of the various packages to improve the ground appearence. There are so many that I would appreciate anyone's opinion on which are among the best. I have a fairly high-end setup ( FSuX does not sgree ) so I can run most any and all add-on's.TIA,JimBob"Master of the Sr. Moment"

I like Birds Eye View for the USA, Ground Environment for Europe.John

Guest PPSFA

Ground Environement Pro, which now intregrates with Active Sky, Flight Environment for clouds and water, GS Genesis for mesh and landclass

Guest davewins

I am a newbie when it comes to this so please excuse my question if it may sound really dumb. Are Ground Environment and Ultimate Terrain basically doing the same thing?? Ground textures?? How can one have both GE and UT?? Thanx...

Ground Enviroment is new and beter ground textures. FS9 uses these to desplay the different classes of land (city, suburb, park, farmland, forrest, etc). Ultimate Terrain contains accurate coastlines, the roadnetwork, rivers and it contains a limited more accurate landclass to get cities in the right place. Landclass is a file that roughly describes the terraintype in a certain location. There is add-on landclass available from vendors like fsgenesis.So for the US I would suggest Ground Environment, Ultimate Terrain USA, and US Landclass. There is a little overlap but together they get you the most accurate world to fly in.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg