Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

FS9 tweaks, Am i missing out?????

Hello everyone, I reading all these post on tweks, tweak this tweak that. I have yet to make any modifications to my fs9 config file, i was just wondering, am i missing out on anything without tweaking it. i would like to try some tweaks but im not sure if they will be worth my time or not. Is there anywhere I can get a list of tweaks i can input to help performance, visuals, etc etc.Thank you very much

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I guess if you're happy with the sim without tweaking anything, then I would leave well enough alone. Most of the tweaks have a final purpose and (most) do change things. Read the stickies posted about the tweaks and they will describe their intended purpose. I just tried a new one for the first time last week - by changing the max_unlimited_visibility number it makes for much more realistic visibility and gives me more FR's flying with heavy cloud cover. I also had to make some changes when I switched video boards and went to a 24" monitor, so they can help. But again, if you're already happy, just enjoy the flight! JMHORegards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.9's6x Adaptive AA/16x HQ A/FIntegrated SoundDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall

HiCommon tweaks people ask about:pan speed: FS9.cfg[CONTROLS]stick_sensitivity_mode=0KBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64PAN_RATE=300 // probably 30.0 degress/sec. Adjust accordingly**************I'd like to be able to turn while in autopilot,altitude hold:to each aircraft.cfg, in the autopilot section add:use_no_default_bank=1use_no_default_pitch=1**************I hate "sparks" from concrete contact:edit aircraft.cfg, effects section:concrete= fx_dummy //fx_sparks**************in any ac that doesn't already have (in the aircraft.cfg) the flight tuning section add it if you want easy tweaking.[flight_tuning]cruise_lift_scalar=1.0parasite_drag_scalar=1.0induced_drag_scalar=1.0elevator_effectiveness=1.0aileron_effectiveness=1.0rudder_effectiveness=1.0pitch_stability=1.0roll_stability=1.0yaw_stability=1.0elevator_trim_effectiveness=1.0aileron_trim_effectiveness=1.0rudder_trim_effectiveness=1.0**************how to make a taildragger steerable:edit the 8th element of the contacts section (aircraft.cfg) [contact_points] //------------------------------------ steering degrees ----point.0=1, -15.0, 0.00, -2.80, 2165.0, 0.000, 0.538,>> 43.00 800, 2.500, 0.700, 0.000, 0.000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000**************viewpoint in the VC is defined in the Aircraft.cfg[Views]eyepoint=0.85,0.0,0.95 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum//eyepoint=-0.0,-6.0,10.0 you can have alternates for other positions in a virtual cabin just make sure all are commented out except one - reload aircraft and you will "be" in the alternate location.**************views from the 2D panel controled by statements in the panel.cfg - between the list of windows and the first window, edit (or add)VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.75 // adjust to your preferenceVIEW_FORWARD_DIR=4.5, 0.0, 0.0 // 1st element is degrees looking downward; edit to suit **************FlightSimManager to manage lots of sim aspectsFlightsimManagerMovingMap if you want moving vfr charts while you fly**************Scores more... search out David Marshall's 24 Tips and Tricks issues and take time to browse through all of them.Hope this helpsLoyd