Sign in to follow this  
JET 1

Lavigne's Falcon 50 night lighting

Hi,Has anyone tinkered with the panel.cfg on this one to dim the cockpit night lighting a bit?I fly it from the VC, and in my opinion, the lighting is way too bright in the nightime, like trying to fly with all lights switched on in the room.In the PSS Airbus the lights can be switched off so that only the gauges are lighted, but in the Falcon it's opposite, flicking the pnl light switch turns off all gauge lights, but the panel bitmaps stay lighted, like having a cockpit flood light on.If you've succeeded in this, please give me some hints.

Your absolutely right. After the aircraft came out I wrote the author about this, and it was like talking to a wall. Now I surely appreciate the great work they did on this marvelous freeware airplane, but this is one area where they slipped a bit.It's such a shame, because the graphics out the windows at night are so good, and yet they get totally destroyed by all that bright interior lighting. And regrettably, all that bright light just ruins the great realistic look that could be had.I still believe, as I did back then, that a fix here is needed. I hope someone has one. I wonder if the authors realize that pilots usually dim the cabin lighting as they approach large cities, just so that the passengers (and others) can enjoy the great view of an approaching city as they make an approach. Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

In the Panel.cfg file - right at the bottom -- you will find thisDay=255,255,255 Night=110,70,50 Luminous=255,205,155Changing the numbers in the NIGHT line changes the lighting on the Panel (in 2d cockpit only) Try 50,50,50Smaller numbers make the panel darkerBarry

Thanks Barry, but I was actually looking for an answer to dim them in the VC.. =)Maybe the bitmaps need to be edited by hand?-JET1

For those whom it may concern: I solved the night lighting problem by editing the bitmaps used for the VC.They can be found in the Falcon's TEXTURE -folder, and the format is xxxxxxx_lm.bmp. You'll see for yourself which ones are used for nighttime.I simply opened them in a picture editor, pulled the brightness down a few notches, saved and that's it! The difference is remarkable.But don't forget to backup your original textures in case you mess it up!Happy flights..