Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Question about Afcad files & AI Traffic

Hi,I have installed (again) Ultimate Traffic. What if for an airport is NO afcad file available, does this also mean that there will be no AI-traffic for that specific airport? Even though there is a flight schedule to/from the airport?I would like to have only AI-traffic on certain airports.My guess the simpliest way doing this, is to remove the afcad files for all airports I don't want traffic. Or are there more (better) ways doing this?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,No, the traffic will fly to the non-existant airports anyway - they'll just wander around looking for a runway.I'm not sure why you want to limit your AI traffic. It only loads in a 100 NM radius around your plane, so the rest of the world's traffic will not affect your frame rate (or anything else).If there are certain aircraft you don't want to see, remove them from the aircraft folder (or if you want to fly them, change the plane's title= line slightly in the aircraft.cfg).If you have another reason, then if this is the default traffic file decompile it with TTools, and load into a flight plan editor like AI Traffic Mover 2.0 or similar. Then search for the offending airports, and remove those flights (they will be gone from the *other* airport too, keep in mind). Then recompile the bgl.If you are using a flight plan you downloaded, then typically you cannot remove flights from specific airports, since you will be removing many more flights to other airports during the week that you would want to keep.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

All airports in FS9 have a stock (default) afcad. If you have not added your own AFCAD or UT has not added an AFCAD , then this stock one will be used. AI aircraft will only land and park if parking places exist in the stock AFCAD, or in the replacement AFCAD.My question is why do you want to remove traffic at certain airports?Peter

Thanks for both your answers.I wanted to remove them purely for framerate issues, but I understand now that only traffic within a 100nm radius is loaded, so that's OK.

Note - if you remove parking spots / AFCAD files for airports within 100nm of your aircraft - you may see some very slight improvement in frame rates - but you will also see a substantial INCREASE in stutters.FlightSim will try to park the aircraft, over and over and over.We are warned very strongly that adding flight plans without adding parking will have a very negative impact on FS performance.