Sign in to follow this  
Guest castleberg

Help - look at this

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm afraid to say your graphics card is looking like it's on the way out.The only time I have seen this is shortly before mine blew up. I did manage to buy a Zalman vf900-cu GPU cooler fan and make these artifacts go away for a while. You're definitely running hot there. Try looking at your case cooling, pull the card out, clean out the dust, vaccuum your case, replace the card in the slot. it might help. You never know. Computers are strange things. But from here it doesn't look good...

Any chance of their having been a nuclear blast and what you're seeing there is fallout? Sorry. I can't help. Maybe a slight groaner? At least yours runs. I can't get any of my planes to taxi before the program crashes my PC. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!Chappy

Beam me up Scotty! :-ufo2Ah kant Capt, We need more power!!! @-@Mr.Checkov? Sorrie Mister Scott no kan help neither!Doc do sumptin my good man,,,er sorry Jimbo looks like you are on your own.:-walksmile Where the heck then is Sulu or Spock when u need them?:-beerchug Is you video card overclocked??Rrgards,Douglas

Several months ago I decided to clean out my computer. I took all the precautions. Opened the case and cleaned out the dust bunnies.Put everything back together and fired up the computer. Everything was fine. As a last minute thought I thought the keyboard needed a vac job. Wheeled in the shop vac and turned it on while the computer was running. I only used the hose to suck out the crap in the keyboard. You are seeing the same thing I saw in flight sim. Desktop and internet surfing was fine, only my 3D applications.I re-seated the video card in the slot and that cleared it up....for a few seconds.My solution was to run out and get the first AGP card I could find. I'm using the old 9800 pro as a paper weight.Daryll

Thanks Daryll and the othersThat's what I feared. I'll have to pull that card out and get myself a newer one. If only my Dell Computer can handle such surgery....Best regardsTom

Yep looks like your card is overheating. Make sure the fan is working and clean out the dust. I just saved my cousins PC. She said it was running so slow. When I got into the bios I noticed it was 65C (the cpu not the gpu in this case) and this was at idle. Must have been going into the 90's when in use. I opened up the case and there was the culprit the cpu fan while working was blowing air into a heatsink completely clogged with dust. After cleaning out the mess and reattaching the heatsink with some thermal compound it was 42C and running fine. This can happen to gpu's as well so check it before going out and spending money on a replacement card.Carlos