Sign in to follow this  
Guest JTEK99

Ariane Tupelov?

Before anyone purchases, please note that it does NOT have a VC.This "feature" is worded carefully:"Fast FPS! 2D Panels only":)Enjoy.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

JTEK99The actual wording on the website is:"NO VC included for fast FPS (VC would make TU 134 very difficult to fly)."Where's your "carefully worded" quotation come from?Big AlThe price on the website is 40.54 euro including VAT. Where does your price of 199.95 come from?

And no Navigation System. Let me guess : For fast fps ? :-hah Mike

>JTEK99>>The actual wording on the website is:>>"NO VC included for fast FPS (VC would make TU 134 very>difficult to fly).">>Where's your "carefully worded" quotation come from?>>>>Big Al>>The price on the website is 40.54 euro including VAT. Where>does your price of 199.95 come from?>>it would make it difficult to fly? why not give us the option instead of using that great marketing trick to tell you what you should do?and my price came from pure sarcasm. I wouldnt accept 200 dollars to fly anything arianeand over 60 dollars for an airplane without a VC! Typical

>And no Navigation System. Let me guess : For fast fps ? :-hah>>>Mikehaha, exactly!

>JTEK99>>The actual wording on the website is:>>"NO VC included for fast FPS (VC would make TU 134 very>difficult to fly).">>Where's your "carefully worded" quotation come from?mgh:The "carefully worded" quotation comes from my bowels where I consigned the last Ariane plane I bought, along with the all-important Advanced VCe3 Hi-Res Toilet Tissue Holder upgrade (no winglets), VCeNG2.5 Ultra Super Worn Tire Tread addon, and the uber-necessary Super VC3e-HR FMC Ventral Mount (FMC data sold separately).Hope this helps.

Please, for the sake of the community as a whole, don't buy anything from those idiots at Ariane.

JTEK99 and Big AlSilly me! Of course this is an Ariane product so that makes it OK to post false quotations and non-existent prices. Incidentally the price is 34.95 euro without VAT so the price is about $45 at current exchange rates, not $60.It seems to me that there's not much difference in honesty between Ariane and you.

Getting close to Christmas...guess it is time for the Hari-Tishma crowd (read: Ariane) to come out and assault all the good people in virtual airports around the world in order to sell their hyped version of peace and truth and love and ridiculously unattainable frame rates. "Just send us your money and we'll show you the way..."Hari-TishmaHari-TishmaHari Hari HariHar...Har...Har!!!:-erksBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

>Getting close to Christmas...guess it is time for the>Hari-Tishma crowd (read: Ariane) to come out and assault all>the good people in virtual airports around the world in order>to sell their hyped version of peace and truth and love and>ridiculously unattainable frame rates. "Just send us your>money and we'll show you the way...">>Hari-Tishma>Hari-Tishma>Hari Hari Hari>>>Har...Har...Har!!!>>:-erks>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300>Santiago de ChileWell Bob,....it might interest you that the TU 134 from Ariane even has better framerates than a certain B732. ;-)If you don

Hi Steffan,just for interest, how do you navigate this thing ? I hope they don't want the user to navigate with the default GPS or tell any fairytale about VOR/ADF navigation in the Tu-134.I'd wonder about the comments if a 737 without FMC would be sold for that price.And what is really behind the "100 switches and systems" advertisement ? How many of those are just dummies? In other words : How is the system depth ? And to what degree are system dependencies modelled, if at all ?Mike

Hi Staffan,thanks for the info. Certainly your remarks regarding price are understandable. I also have a lot of Addons gaining dust on my HD, so these have been the most expensive when looking back. A price by flight hour relation would be more interesting, but then that's personal preference only and not much valid.A Tu-134 never navigated by just VOR/ADF, neither now nor whatever years ago. And for a full price package I would not expect such an important part to be left out.I know Russian Navigation systems have the myth of being too difficult, but IMHO that's just a matter of a good tutorial.Mike

>JTEK99 and Big Al>>Silly me! Of course this is an Ariane product so that makes it>OK to post false quotations and non-existent prices.>Incidentally the price is 34.95 euro without VAT so the price>is about $45 at current exchange rates, not $60.>>It seems to me that there's not much difference in honesty>between Ariane and you.:-lolyou really should lighten up and try to make it less obvious about being on their payroll

Alex, okay, you wanted to know about my earlier post to you, and not understanding why you received that from me? Well, this response to MGH is a perfect example of why you were told to throttle down. This post of yours is entirely uncalled for and does nothing more than fuel the fire. Cease and desist this provocative type of posting or you won't be posting at all.

Tom, I don't understand why defending shady businesses is more important than defending freedom of expression and opinion. I'm not fueling the fire if it was already set. My first comment was a joke and someone decided to insult me, for some reason rushing to the defense of that company that laughs in the face of its users when they have problems, among other things

I have to agree with Staffan. I too have the Ariane Tu-134 and I can tell you it is really a very worthwhile add-on. Detailed Russian aircraft are hard to come by. It is as good or better than the great project tupolev tu-154 and the SCS Tu- 134.As for navigation...it is a ADF VOR affair or you also use radar contact. I find the autopilot to be a bit too twicthy on final, but it can definetely be flown by hand too.If you like procedural detail and russian authenticity then get this. You won't be dissappointed.

Hi Debosonic,what exactly are you are referring to, when you compare it as good or better ? Or you mean everything ?And if you speak about Russian authenticity, what's your practical background of Russian aircraft ?Hope you don't mind my questions, in the meantime I got a few comments from Russian simmers (the product was already on sale for a while at www.tu134.com ) and these comments go in a different direction (mildly spoken).Mike

>Well Bob,....it might interest you that the TU 134 from Ariane>even has better framerates than a certain B732. ;-)As well it should, given the price differential. If it went into as much systems depth as a certain B732 and still had better framerates, that would be something mentionable.>...why on earth do you just have to comment? Just curious....Because "those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it." Ariane advertising hype has proven worthy of healthy scepticism time and time again. My comment is based on that history, and is certainly warranted, if for no other reason than to provide a public service to advise caution when travelling in these troubled waters.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Just as follow-up, found some interesting infos.Apparently it was already tried to sell that Tu-134 via www.tu134.com half a year ago. There's a 10 page long and pretty rough thread about it at russia.simflight.com. If I have understood all correctly, the publisher decided to market that product only outside Russia. One may ask yourself why.And it seems they had some bad luck, also a few Russian simmers bought it, with harsh comments afterwards.Now at the beginning of the winter in Europe and the US, Ariane tries it. Marketed with the Russian cold winter cliche : "Moscow 2006 - Imagine a cold winter night, -40 degrees)".It's very rarely, if ever, that cold in Moscow ..., but go figure.I'm happy the Russian freeware scene is still very much alive, even though they have to take such slaps in the face occasionally.Mike

>>"Moscow 2006 - Imagine a cold winter night, -40 degrees)".It's very rarely, if ever, that cold in Moscow ..., but go figure.Don't forget most of the world outside the USA measures temperature in degrees Celsius, so -40 sounds about right to me.

>>Well Bob,....it might interest you that the TU 134 from>Ariane>>even has better framerates than a certain B732. ;-)>>As well it should, given the price differential. If it went>into as much systems depth as a certain B732 and still had>better framerates, that would be something mentionable.>>>...why on earth do you just have to comment? Just>curious....>>Because "those who do not remember history are condemned to>repeat it." >>Ariane advertising hype has proven worthy of healthy>scepticism time and time again. My comment is based on that>history, and is certainly warranted, if for no other reason>than to provide a public service to advise caution when>travelling in these troubled waters.>>Cheers>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300>Santiago de ChileAs long as I am satisfied with a product, I couldn

Graeme,Moscow is NOT in Northern Siberia.>> so -40 sounds about right to me.Well, that cliche really seems to work. So a score for the Ariane marketing department then :-hahMike