Sign in to follow this  
mnmon

Aerosoft Cheyenne

Completely off-topic: Chris, Did you go to the CGA? What year? My family is a sponsor family and we have 2 cadets at present. Mike

Mike, I did, Class of 1979 (showing my age). A great education and institution - though as I cadet I wasn't particularly enamored with the place, or New London, for that matter! regards,

I'll have to try the Reality XP GPS as I have fumbled with the Trimble for a while and can't get it to do what it is supposed to...so a lot of VOR hopping...chris

Chris,I have you beat by 4 years in the wrong direction :-) I work across the street at Conn. We are enjoying the cadets, and they seem to have a great time hanging out with our family. Don't live in New London, but about 25 miles north in cow/chicken country. Mike

Guest aca_dia

How are the instrument refresh rates in both 2D & 3D? Also did I read correctly that the download version costs more than the boxed version?

Very smooth and yes.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

they're very nice (smooth) but the only thing keeping me away from this plane is the GPS... and I suck at panel stuff so I don't know how to make the GNS430/530 work with the VC panel so I don't fly it often... :(otherwise its a verrryy nice plane...i must say however the II model climbs like a BEAST... I can go 6,000 FPM without maxing out the torque... something aint right imo

After my initial joy over the stability of the FDE in terms of yaw roll and pitch, I think you may be on to something here in terms of net engine power. I'll have to do some more checking on this after consuming some turkey. The good news is that there's a relatively easy fix in the cfg file that I've done on other turboprops. I think it may be related to the way FS9 models turboprops, which if you search the forums here, shows a problem that is well-documented. Mike

"i must say however the II model climbs like a BEAST... I can go 6,000 FPM without maxing out the torque... something aint right imo"What payload and fuel weights are you using? And also at what climb speeds are you using? If following book figures and gross weight it will climb very realistically. If you have a light load the Cheyenne is a real rocketship. I can tell you for a fact that a lightly loaded Navajo Chieftan (the 350 hp Turbocharged Lycoming powered non pressurized version of the 2XL) will give an initial climb rate of better than 3,000 fpm... been there... done it :).

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

>"i must say however the II model climbs like a BEAST... I can>go 6,000 FPM without maxing out the torque... something aint>right imo">>What payload and fuel weights are you using? And also at what>climb speeds are you using? If following book figures and>gross weight it will climb very realistically. If you have a>light load the Cheyenne is a real rocketship. I can tell you>for a fact that a lightly loaded Navajo Chieftan (the 350 hp>Turbocharged Lycoming powered non pressurized version of the>2XL) will give an initial climb rate of better than 3,000>fpm... been there... done it :).I had 50% fuel and just pilot, no co pilot either...it was also the II version which has more powerful engines I think...thing did climb like a rocket ship!I mean I was literally at 4,000 fpm, and I had to go to 6,000 from the speedo to stop going upwards... at 4,000 it was still going faster and faster!man i'm in TX right now at my gf's family's house and I just wanna go back and fly! lol... i'm stuck here for 6 days

"man i'm in TX right now at my gf's family's house and I just wanna go back and fly! lol... i'm stuck here for 6 days"I know the feeling ;)

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Mikey, so what's the simple fix?JimCYWG

Enjoy it man. They won't be around forever. Learn all about yours and the GF's parents life. What was the neatest thing the GF parents did in their life?Do you know how they met? Do you know how your own parents met?JimCYWG

I did a quick flight around the pattern with the IIXL. It was loaded to MTOW. Takeoff was at sea level, 50 degree F. I followed the performance chart and kept 1700 ft-lbs torque. I was able to easily maintain 2500 fpm at 160 kts with the aircraft clean which seems a bit above the rated 1750 fpm. Any experienced real Cheyenne pilots here that could comment? Mike