Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Why I still fly FS9

Guest thedoggg

I agree that FSX "will get there" and let's hope it does for the sake of our hobby. Right now though FS9 is still superior for the reasons given above. FSX is not "gamey" at all. In fact it works pretty good exept for the problems at large cities and airports. FSX gets maybe 30% of my flying time right now as flying GA it has the advantage especially with FS9 planes that I have added like Carenados props. These have better performance than the default props and look better too. For airliners I just can't give up my LDS67,PMDG37,47,DF727,F1ATR,PSS77 etc or my wonderful FS9 add on airport sceneries which I have spent a bundle on (I buy like an airport a week, you can call me an airport colector), or the custom AI (which I actually have ported to FSX)and of course the superior performance around all this stuff.Regards, Carlos, aka thedoggg, aka Aviator999

Yeah great topic with mininal hostility - a first !Some very good points. I have nothing against FSX. It's a great product. It's just not ready for me right now with my specific interests in 100% heavy airliner flying and RW procedures. GA doesn't float my boat at all.I think FSX just needs to go back in the oven for 10 more minutes.I believe it will be the platform to go forward on very soon, and that in itself is something good to know is ahead of us.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I am sticking with FS9 for quite a while now. I have no plans to upgrade for as long as possible. When I hear horror stories of people getting single digit fps with default aircraft, I don't even want to go down that road. It is interesting to see that MS just announced a patch that will fix the photo texture problems on 3rd party airports. (this announcement came after this thread was started). Either way, that still doesn't change anything for me. My copy of FSX is still waiting on the shelf of my local electronics store for me. :) It will be there when I'm ready.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF