Sign in to follow this  
Guest alexpro

Sudden drop of FPS and CTD! Need help

Hi guys,since a few days I have serious problems with my sim. :-( After flying a while my frames drop suddenly from around 40-50 fps to about 2-3 fps. At the same time the sound starts to stutter and within a few seconds I have a CTD. Sometimes I happens when I start a flight after just a few seconds. Sometimes I get the error message: "Out of memory. FS will shut down."I am totally desperate. It happens with add-ons or just default scenery and planes. One funny thing is that, when I change the view after the problem starts the frames shoot up to about 30 fps and it delays the CTD for a few minutes. And the problem mostly occurs when I am in spot-plane or tower view. I did not change any settings or installed anything and the damned thing worked just fine until a few days ago. This is driving me crazy!If anybody can help.......so please!!!!regards,Alex

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

overheat issue? follow the safety instructions and open up the computer case. confirm that all vents and fans are clean. also confirm all fans are running -*case*CPU*video cardcheck for dust buildup on the motherboard and things attached.do a search on the hardware forum about overheating. there is a utility that will track CPU heat buildup.--

A couple other thoughts...Move your fs9.cfg file somewhere else and let FS build a new one (I'm assuming you're using FS9). If there's a problem with a scenery at the last place you were at, it'll keep loading that scenery at load time. Rebuilding the cfg file puts you back to KSEA on the default flight.Run Memtest86+ and make sure your RAM isn't hosed. If it tests bad, remove and reseat all the modules.Remove and reseat your video card.Make sure you have the FS9.1 update installed. FS9 had a seasonal scenery CTD that was fixed with the 9.1 patch. Often people reinstall FS9 and forget about that update.Good luckRegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Hi guys,thank you for your thoughts. I checked almost everything within FS. Seems that there is no problem. Also the build-up of a new fs9.cfg did not help so far.I will check my hardware the next days. I really hope that I will find a solution.Kind regards,Alex

Hi,During testing, are you only using MSFS9 default aircraft and no other programs running ... no weather programs .. no virus software .... nothing else?When the problem first starts happening.Do CTRL ALT DELThis will bring up the windows task managerClick on the APPLICATIONS tabWrite down the programs that are runningClick on the PROCESSES tabLook for the process/processes that are using a lot of memory and are very active.Write it down.Then you can then determing which program/application is associated with that process and causing the problem.