Sign in to follow this  
Marius_S

Flickering and low FPS

Hello!I recently upgraded my computer and I hoped this would let me use FS9 with good graphic and FPS, but so far that haven't been the case.My system:MSI P965 MotherboardIntel E6600 CPU1 GB RAMRadeon X1950 Pro 512 MBAlthough this system is better than my previous one, it isnt't performing like I was hoping for. My FPS with add ons like the 737PIC are about 25-30 at both default and payware airport (FlyTampa). I don't know what I should excpect, but I find this a little low.But the worst part is the constant flickering. I had this problem wiht my previous graphic card (9700 Pro), but I was hoping this wasn't case with my new card. All buildings and other objects are flickering when I'm moving, and also textures on airplane. I've attached a copy of my fs9.cfg if anyone is willing to take a look.My grapic card settings are as follows:Anti-aliasing: 6XTemporal anti-aliasing: OnAntisotropic Filtering: 8XHigh quality AF: OnCatalyst AI: StandardMipmap detail level: 3 (from 1 to 4)Wait for vertical refresh: 3Adaptive anti-aliasing: On, qualityI would also like to know what other people with similar system are experienceing in FS9. Thanks for any replies!(This problem also posted at flightsim.no, but I wanted to see if anyone here had any other advices).

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Try turning temporal and adaptive AA off, and set AA and AF to 4X. And turn AA off in the FS9 options menu.Make sure you have the latest (Oct 06) version of DirectX 9c, available at microsoft's website. Than make sure you have a good current video driver.FWIW, I keep my frames locked at 30 on an OCed X6800 running at 3.6 GHz...it can do faster frames, but I prefer to reserve the additional overhead for other demand peaks without fluxing the frame rates.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Thanks for your reply!I did what you suggested and I got around 40 FPS with the PMDG737 at Seattle (FlyTmapa, no AI). But I still have the annoying flickering, and it didn't get better by redusing AA and AF. Is there anyone here with aATI card that doesn't have this flickering? I remeber reading once that this was a ATI problem.

Marius:No flickering here. Have you updated to the latest Catalyst drivers?

Yes, I have catalyst 6.12 installed. Also tried 6.11 and 6.10 without any luck. I tried to install omega drivers, but for one reason or another, I wasn't able to install them. I'll give them another try tomorrow.

I was playing with fs9.cfg and I couldn't find the part where graphic card, trilinear and stuff like that are listed. I tried to delete fs9.cfg and let FS9 generate a new one, but that didn't help. Anyone who knows what's going on?EDIT: Found it! Instead of searching after trilinear in the fs9.cfg, I manually looked and there it was!