Sign in to follow this  
Guest martin842

FranceVFR photoscenery of St Martin and St Barths. Any views?

Guest martin842

Has anyone downloaded and tried the FranceVFR photoscenery of St Martin and St Barths? If so:1. Is the accompanying documentation and installer available in English?2. Do you get an EXE file or some other form of download which can be easily reinstalled?3. How does St Martin compare to the FSX demo?4. How do the airports compare to Delblond Christian

Guest martin842

A further question is whether it is compatible with the rest of the "Antilles 2004" scenery?ThanksMartin

Would love to know the answers to those questions myself. I would love to get this but only if I get some English docs with it.Glenn

Guest neslesman

I've got their Alpes and Riviera packs and they came with English PDF manuals.

Hold yer hosses guys! ... I have just bought the scenery ....and I'm starting to wish I hadn't .... I'll get back to you. :(

Oh dear ...better than the freeware version? ...I don't think so!

http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/165113.jpgHaving had problems installing the scenery into my main FS PC ...i thought I'd install it into my laptop which has no new meshes or Antilles or any addon sceneries in the area ....yet St Barts is still not displaying properly .... and that is with all display settings at max!!!!!!!!! http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/165114.jpgIf anyone one installs it successfully I'd like to know ..... meantime I'm uninstalling. I wish I could learn my lesson NOT to buy addons straight away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Oh there are English docs regardsEdaka Capt. P[/font color]i[/font color]c[/font color]a[/font color]s[/font color]s[/font color]o[/font color]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/edetroit100/eddd2.jpgMy FS9 Videos] AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD 256Mb DDR Nvidia 7800 GTX PCI-E, Audigy 2 ZSCH Products Yoke, Pedals and Throttle Quadrant[/font color

Well after reinstalling DeBlond's sceneries I realise they do look quite FS98 ish ..... so I'm back to trying to fix the France VFR.Also one does get the new terminal at TNCM.

I'm going to wait until FlyTampa release their scenery of the same area. From what Ive seen of it so far it looks very impressive.There are preview screenshots on their website. I don't think it is to far away from release as well.Craig

>I'm going to wait until FlyTampa release their scenery of the>same area. From what Ive seen of it so far it looks very>impressive.>>There are preview screenshots on their website. I don't think>it is to far away from release as well.>>Craig>>Now ya tell me!!!!After 6 hours of trying to fix the France VFR I would definitely agree with Craig .... wait for Fly Tampa.I cannot believe there's no road/fence between the beach and the Rwy!

Guest martin842

Thanks Nes, Ed and Craig for the information.I didn't know about the FlyTampa project. Do they intend to do just the aitport(s) or will they do the surrounding scenery as well? (I had a look at their forum but got a bit confused about the scope of their ptoject.)Hope you get the FranceVFR installed and functioning properly, Ed. It might prove worth it in the end. The phototextures look as bad at ground level as phototextures always do, but I was hoping the 3D buildings and autogen would hide this. But apparently not. Pity.Martin

Yes the phototextures are not that amazing ... in fact it is a bit sad. One should be really exited about an addon like TNCM...but I can honestly say I am far from excited about this addon. :(

I believe its the surrounding scenery as well.There are some screenshots of the scenery dotted around in the forum. The pictures of the guys hanging off the jet blast fences by the road make me laugh.Craig

Guest shelley1995

Hi, Have purchased this product this morning and like screenshots that are posted here, mine look the same way. I thought something I install wrong so it is their scenery. I contact them but no reply yet. There is .exe file and pdf is english but their website is total french. So I shall see if I get response from them on how to correct this. Thank you.

I have this scenery and with the max_level_vertex is 21 setting it works I see no problems with St-Barth

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Okay, for those who get huge brown walls at TNCM (like me) in folder Addon SceneryStMartin-StBarthscenery , rename file: tax_TNCM.bgl to tax_TNCM.oriFor those with the same problem as me at TFFJ, rename msh_smsbt_l11.bgl to msh_smsbt_l11.ori...now I need to add the road, fence and some spotters to TNCM :-roll