Sign in to follow this  
gaosys

Corrupted tower view

My FS9 "tower view" does not work properly.I am still fighting the battles trying to get my FS9 back up & running after a hard drive problem. I restored my backup FS9 directory, after installing and formatting a new hard drive (Note: I have FS9 on a different drive than my Win XP Pro). Of course, I then had to go back and install FS9 all over again, as XP had to get everything it uses rebuilt (DLL's, etc.). I am not sure what the heck happened, but after finally getting everything back up and running (all add-ons - scenery, airplanes, etc., etc.), I still have one problem which confounds me. All my airplane views are fine except the Tower view. It always opens up inside the "guts" of the plane. Then, when I adjust the zoom out, I find my view to always be looking toward the front left side of the plane, at ground level. How in heck do I get back to the original default tower view?Additional notes:I have "Active Camera", however unchecking all of its' functions does not seem to make any difference.

That's the problem: Active Camera. I installed it once, but it corrupted my tower view and coincidentially (don't know why), added some kind of "waves breaking on the beach" sound when the aircraft was turned off... even when I was in the middle of the mountains.I removed Active Camera and got rid of the corrupted tower view and the annoying beach sound (it didn't sound OK even at places like Aruba or St.Maarten). But now I miss the ability to do a visual check before start-up :(. Does anybody know of any utility that allows me to do so?Try removing it and tell us if it solved the problem.Best regards,Luis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Thanks to all who replied.I got rid of the culprit - Active Camera - had a heck of a time to "get it gone" 'till I found the Active Camera's own uninstall.Anyway, it's gone, got my "tower view" back.Also downloaded F1view right here off the avsim site. It is really nice for looking around inside the plane, haven't figured out how to do a "walkaround" outside though.