Sign in to follow this  
Guest av84fun

Interesting New Venture

Guest av84fun

Press Release Airliner XP sets its aim on a mystery title January 1st, 2007 - The Internationally-based development studio, Airliner XP, has formed to release a yet-to-be-announced title slated for release in 2007.What happens when the three most renown companies in the Flight Simulator market get together is nothing short of a revolution: award winning DreamFleet, FlightScenery and Reality XP join forces to release a revolutionary product.Their first product under the Airliner XP brand, which has been under development since 3 years and is slated to release in 2007, will be announced shortly."In today's market, there is little room to deliver next-generation simulation products that don't meet market expectations," said Jean-Luc Dupiot, co-founder of Airliner XP. "At Airliner XP, we are taking best practices and experiences and marrying that with the best in the industry from around the world to assure seamless and top notch product design and development technology within each level of the production pipeline. And we couldn't be more pleased to partner with DreamFleet and FlightScenery, companies we respect and admire for their legacy, pedigree and amazing talent."Reality XP has been silently working with the aviation training industry and co-founded Airliner XP to bring professional airliner simulation products to the desktop PC. Airliner XP's management and staff includes producers, artists, designers, and developers with experience from leading publishers and titles in the industry including DreamFleet, FlightScenery and Reality XP

Well, whatever it is, considering the three developers mentioned it will be of the highest quality!I just hope there will be an FS9 version available....*keeps fingers crossed*

Well I was of the understanding that the Level D 757 has been in development for some time now (after all, how long ago was the 767 released?) but they recently announced it will be for FSX only.Likewise, PMDG have been working on the MD-11 for a long time now, even more time if you count the work Bill Grabowski did on it before it became a PMDG project... yet PMDG have said they are yet to decide whether or not there will be an FS9 version.

Working on it for three years but they still can't announce what the product actually is? I hate it when they do that.

I agree - pretty disappointing as a press release. It really says nothing.

Graeme Butler

Guest heclak

i have a gut feeling its announce as its close to release. if not, why the sudden urge?

Guest jgreth123

>i have a gut feeling its announce as its close to release. if>not, why the sudden urge?I'd have to concur.As I said in the FSX post, teaming the best gauge programmers EVER, the best 3D modeller I've seen yet, and some of the best 2D panels ( not to mention I love their GA planes! )...I have a feeling we're in for something groundbreaking and I can't wait to see what it is!!

I really love both Dreamfleet and RXP, so I hope its compatible with FS9 and FSX.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest JTEK99

>As I said in the FSX post, teaming the best gauge programmers>EVER, the best 3D modeller I've seen yet, and some of the best>2D panels ( not to mention I love their GA planes! )...>>I have a feeling we're in for something groundbreaking and I>can't wait to see what it is!!Well, I'd generally concur with the above statement were it not for the abstract smoke-and-mirrors-style marketing blurb. How can a product be in development for three years but not have a working title? And even if it were in development for three years, the merge of FlightScenery/DF/RXP devs for the project apparently just took place.Whenever I see this type of blurb, I get the feeling that it's some product that was developed by one of many devs on the net who -- for lack of interest, time, resources, money, etc. -- abandoned the project, but is no picked up by another team (DF/FlightScenery/RXP, for instance).I guess we'll soon see, though. Fingers are crossed.

Guest JeanLuc_

I can assure you it is not smoke and mirrors! Actually, the development took place a little more than 3 years ago by Reality XP for the training industry, and we have been honored to have DreamFleet and FlightScenery join slightly later after that to port this software to a full FS9 and FSX add-on. We are all in the business for so long that I can assure you it has not started yesterday!As for a working title, yes you'll soon know. The press release was to announce the creation of Airliner XP as a partnership of DreamFleet, FlightScenery and Reality XP, which in itself, is quite a first in the fs addon market. While you traditionaly read about this or this person leaving/joining this part-time work group, for the first time, 3 of the most renowned vendors specialized in various fields (photo-realistic panels bitmaps and aircraft, professional 3D modeling and professional avionics simulation for training) join force together to release a series of products, which considering the name Airliner XP, should tell you enough already about what kind of product to expect I hope.We could have announced it 2 years back already, but now we would read in the forums: "hey, I remember something named Airliner XP but what is it the product they are selling? well, they sell no product yet..." :-)Nevertheless, I'm sure you will be thrilled with the upcoming announcements.Hope this helps!

Guest JeanLuc_

Thank you for your kind words Eric! yes it will be for both FS9 and FSX. As a matter of fact, in one of my recent post I detail the kind of research and development Reality XP has been doing for some time now to revolutionalize the gauge and add-on development for both FS9 and FSX:http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=19931Hope this helps!

Guest JTEK99

>I can assure you it is not smoke and mirrors! Actually, the>development took place a little more than 3 years ago by>Reality XP for the training industry, and we have been honored>to have DreamFleet and FlightScenery join slightly later after>that to port this software to a full FS9 and FSX add-on. We>are all in the business for so long that I can assure you it>has not started yesterday!Jean-Luc:I stand corrected, then! One of the best ways to dissuade opinions like mine is to chime in on various forums and respond; oft times, I wish some other developers would do so. Thank you very much for responding!I look forward to your full product announcement. I'm a big RXP fan and a major fan of Dreamfleet and FlightScenery as well. I can't imagine what the product is, but I agree... it's certain to be great!Best regards,J.

It's a DC-8 with round dials, no FMS, and a kazillion polygon 3D model.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Don't be silly!It's a modernised Wright Flyer with a full flight management system, fully modelled LNAV and VNAV, and fly by wire, with monthly AIRAC updates, and full SID/STAR database.A professional version will also be marketed with true "Feel The Wind Rushing Through Your Hair XP" technology (a 12" electric fan that can be fixed to your monitor - flying goggles not provided).