Sign in to follow this  
Guest kurtj

Didn't Install IE7

Guest kurtj

I got one of those windows updates recently. I clicked on it and it was preparing the install shield. I found out it was for IE7. I heard that IE7 somehow screws up FS9, I don't know how so I cancelled the installation. I started up FS9 and everything is normal without the installation of IE7. I was just wondering if that install shield would do something later to the program even though I cancelled the installation. I guess I could system restore it but I sure would like some info. I don't like microsoft having to put updates like that. It's fine for Windows XP updates for SP2 but I do wish they wouldn't put the IE7 up like that though. If people want it they should just go to the site to download it.

I heard there was a problem with the IE7 beta and fs9. They seem to have fixed it in the final release. I updated to IE7 last week and have had no problems. Although, I only use Firefox anyway. :)If you do grab IE7, make sure you re-run Windows Update and get the necessary patch.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest tango papa

I don't mean to change the subject, but when I saw that stats of your system, which is what I was hoping to get for an upgrade for mine. Just curious as to how well FS9 runs for you. Not in a big hurry to get FSX. Thanks.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

>I don't mean to change the subject, but when I saw that stats>of your system, which is what I was hoping to get for an>upgrade for mine. Just curious as to how well FS9 runs for>you. Not in a big hurry to get FSX. Thanks.Well, my system runs fs9 great for the most part. I can keep my fps above 20 most of the time. I keep my fps locked at 25 and I can keep that steady most places. I still get slowdowns with lots of traffic at major airports with detailed scenery though. I'm just starting to be able to push fs9 to the limits... and honestly I still have limitations. I haven't even bothered with FSX.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I've also been using IE7 (7.0.5730.11) with no problems.

Guest tappy

Hi, I also just followed the auto update of IE7, knowing there had been problems. I'm sure, but not certain, that if all your programs are genine you won't have problems. And that was the BETA version any way. I still held my breath when I run FS2004 for the first time after the update...... all is still O.K. Regards Peter.