Sign in to follow this  
Guest lalo lolo1

Photoshop textures crashing FS9

Hi,I use PS CS2 and I can't load any bmp created with it in FS9 as it causes a crash (fe.dll). I save 32bit bmps with their alpha channel and unless I open them with DXTbmp and save them again, I have that crash as soon as I choose the livery in the Create Flight menu.Any ideas why? Am I doing anything wrong?ThanksLeo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Leo, same here, I am using Photoshop 7.01. Got used to re-saving everything I do in PS either with DXTBmp or Imagetool. Looks like FS doesn't particularly like PS's .bmp format. I don'think you're doing anything wrong. :)Regards,Jure

When you save from the program such as Photoshop, its a bmp thats unsupported by flight sim. You need to convert it using either DXTBmp or Imagetool and resave it as a bmp.. either DXT3 (will require an alpha channel) or 32bit.Edit: its not just related to Photoshop..

Thanks for the answers. I knew there was something wrong with the bmp I got from PS, but thought it was my problem, not a general one.Actually, the problem is that I am working on creating transparent textures for yokes in virtual cockpits, as some of them are extremely blocking the sight of the gauges. As soon as I open the file with DXTbmp the transparency seems to disappear and indeed it does as when I start the flight I get an extremely white and shiny yoke instead of a transparent one. Probably with Imagetools I could prevent this from happening. Where can I get Imagetools?ThanksLeo