Sign in to follow this  
calypso

Project Fokker F28 released!

Thanks for that - downloading now. Though I think the rest of Europe is as well as it's a slow one :-) Still, no panic.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

>Thanks for that - downloading now. Though I think the rest>of Europe is as well as it's a slow one :-) Still, no panic.Fond memoriesJust like good old dialup.Now where did i put that war and peace.Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Think I got out of bed on the wrong side this morning. Been feeling a bit grouchy! Sunday syndrome?! But after checking Avsim front page just now, my mood has ascended to much loftier heights!It is indeed a slow download, but in half an hour I should be in heaven!Can't wait!Al.

Well worth the wait.Excellent, fully functional Autoland. One of the best I've seen on FS9.Flares, idles throttles, extends spoilers and lift-dumpers, holds centerline, auto-brakes, then retracts all spoilers, lift-dumpers AND flaps and automatically engages the taxi speed function. Great little aircraft. Love the Tame repaint (I do a lot of flying in Ecuador).A big Thank You to Project Fokker. A very nice addition to your other excellent Fokker models.

John

>>Thanks for that - downloading now. Though I think the rest>>of Europe is as well as it's a slow one :-) Still, no>panic.>>Fond memories>Just like good old dialup.Now where did i put that war and>peace.>Andy It's just finished downloading but it's a nice day here and I do need to get a bit of fresh air and exercise - so it'll have to wait till tonight. Let me know your opinions guys!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

>Think I got out of bed on the wrong side this morning. Been>feeling a bit grouchy! Sunday syndrome?! But after checking>Avsim front page just now, my mood has ascended to much>loftier heights!>>It is indeed a slow download, but in half an hour I should be>in heaven!>>Can't wait!>>Al.Dont do it son!

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

More on Autoland. Also found out that if you set yourself up on the approach at about 250 kts and hit the ILS and Land buttons, the Autoland function also looks after your apporach and landing speeds, flap settings and undercarriage. Trying to see if it will make me a coffee while I'm sitting back enjoying the ride!:-)

John

Hi John,"hit the ILS and Land buttons, the Autoland function also looks after your apporach and landing speeds, flap settings and undercarriage."""No, it won't make you a coffee, neither will it serve you a beer :-).But as the manual says: you only need to activate LND, even if you are flying with Autopilot Off at LND activation; ALL the rest is done for you :-).You can even activate LND long before the ILS is even detected (provided you are at a correct Localiser interception incerception course, and the aircraft has enough time to descend to 3000 Ft AGL).Cheers, Rob

Thanks Bob.I was too impatient to read the manual (as usual).Read it now.Very impressed.

John

Guest AOA

HiThanks fokker group for the really nice freeware package.It really is a breath of fresh air to see a freeware group step up where the money men can`t seem to.Thanks for renewing my faith in the spirit of the hobby.Pete

Guest ThrottleUp

Another winner from the PF team...nice one :) Really enjoying the F70 & F100 as well.I do hope they do a Fokker 27 & 50!!!!!!!!! Please please please :)

>too bad they still haven't mastered the fine art of crafting>the VC...it would make the Fokkers master pieces.. >>>Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries>http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif>>"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick>back harder"I second that motion, a big disappointment to what looks like an amazing package.

Disappointment. "a feeling of dissatisfaction that results when your expectations are not realized"Project Fokker have never promised a VC.

John