Sign in to follow this  
ilovetofly

TQ & SPOILERS

I've been tryingto assign one of the CHTQ levers to the spoilers on the PMDG 737 seriswithout success. I can get the lever to cause them to operate, but I can't seem to get the lever to just arm the spoilers. When I do get the spoiler lever to the arm position, the spoilers are deployed to a certain degree.Has anyone one been able to accomplish this? I'm using a registered ver. of FSUIPC with joysticks disabled in FS9 and attempting to program the yoke, TQ and pedals through FSUIPC. The only stickler is being able to arm the spoilers with the TQ without spoiler movement.Thanks for any help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I use the Saitek X52 joystick, registered FSUIPC and the PMDG 737-800/900.Using FSUIPC I have programmed the spoilers to a "slider" axis which gives excellent graduation when applying spoilers in the air.I left a definite "null zone" when programing the spoiler assignment. So i have to move the slider a few mm before it sends a signal to FS9. When i land, the spoilers deploy automatically as long as i have the lever fully closed....ie in the null zone. I do NOT have to acually arm them.What i have found is that if I t/o and then attempt to land without touching the spoiler slider at all, sometimes the fail to deploy. But as long as i operate them at some point during the flight, and close them fully before landing i get auto deployment.btw...You probably know this alrady but just in case... never try to program spoiler function while on the ground...always in the air.Peter

I too had that problem but then I searched the CH Product site and found their forum, which required a little sleuthing to find, so I will save you the trouble and you can use this link:http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?showforum=32You can find out what other people have done to program their setups and even find maps that other simmers have created and posted. You will find a map that someone created especially for the PMDG 747 but will work for your 737. Also check out the software questions section.Here is another wonderful link that will help you in learning how to use the CH Products Control Manager:http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2017Good luck.Kim

Thanks Kim, but I've known about these for a long time. It's just that I refuse to use the CH Manager. It seems designed for programmers and not for me. I've never had any success with it.As far as the 'maps' provided by other users, they don't fit whith what I would like to have my controls to do, so that would require more reprogramming of a 'map'.As of now I'm finding that FSUIPC is doing what I want except for arming the spoilers. But I can resort to a mouse click to move the lever on the TQ into the 'ARM' position.Jima.k.a.