Sign in to follow this  
Flakchak

Trying to avoid payware conflicts

After a long hiatus, I installed FS9 and the FS9.1 update. Now I want to spruce things up.I just bought a FSGenesis membership, so my 2004 Mesh DVD will be arriving soon. I'm looking into other products, but I don't want to purchase something, and then not have it work with everything else.This will be my line-up:1) FS Genesis Mesh==I'm looking into setting these up:2) Active Sky 63) Ground Environment Pro3) Ultimate TerrainI'll may also get:4) Flight EnvironmentNow, do any of these addons do the same thing that another addon does?Or will they all work together without conflicting?Any help would be appreciated before I make a mi$take.Joe K.

Your plan is very nice. The only "overlapping" I see is ActiveSky vs. Flight Environment, since activesky offers its own sky and cloud textures (water as well, I'm not 100% sure). Though many including me would say that flight environment is prefered. I have both and I use flight environment textures and ActiveSky weather engine. There aren't any conflict between the two.I need not say more since you've obviously done your "homework". Your plan will transfer the entire FS9 world for you just as it did for so many of us.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest petepawn

Maybe couple of good airplanes too..F1 Cessna172PMDG B737NGor sth like those... And then some airports...Basically your own choises are very good.. I have them too (I'm for AS instead of FE), but also - if you fly a lot in America - a landclass to make rural areas more realistic.Petteri PulkkinenVihti, Finland

If you get GE and UT, you will have to do a very small bit of layering to have them work properly.Very simple: just make sure that in your FS9 scenery library, in-game, you place the UT sceneries below the air photo sceneries. That's it.Also, in the UT setup options, turn off the "night lighting" options. Otherwise your GE auto-gen won't work. GE & UT look great together. I also have FE which gives spectacular clouds and sky colours. Nice water colours too. Doesn't change weather the was AS does, though.