Sign in to follow this  
Bonkster

Overland 777-300ER/PSS merge - Anyone done it yet?

Hi Everyone,I've been using a very nice merge of the Overland 777-200ER and the PSS panel for a while now... works very well!!Now, I'd like to use the Overland 777-300ER model with the PSS panel and was wondering if anyone has merged THAT combo yet...I've searched the forums, but haven't found anything...If you have done this merge, or know of a merge for these two, please PM me or post the merge here.Many thanks in advance!!!Alex

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious

OK so let's just stay with the /200ER merge for a while.How is that done in your case?I'm reeeeaaaaaallly interested... :)Thanks in advance,Cheers,

>Hi Everyone,>>I've been using a very nice merge of the Overland 777-200ER>and the PSS panel for a while now... works very well!!>>Now, I'd like to use the Overland 777-300ER model with the PSS>panel and was wondering if anyone has merged THAT combo>yet...>>I've searched the forums, but haven't found anything...>>If you have done this merge, or know of a merge for these two,>please PM me or post the merge here.>>Many thanks in advance!!!>>AlexHi Alex,Sorry not what you are looking for, but I need to ask, if you do a merge from my understanding the virtual cockpit is not available is it? LKM.Thanks

The honest answer.. yes and no!I use the PSS panel for 2d and the Overland VC for general stuff (like take-off and landing)The gauges in the VC are the default Overland gauges, but then I don't need the PSS gauges in the VC. Being a real-life pilot, I can fly a standard instrument departure or approach just by reference to a VOR and DME... I don't really need to see a line drawn for me on the ND.It's a simple matter of hitting the "Shift+S" keys to switch back and forth between the two panels!Besides... the feeling and perspective from the VC is much more realistic on departure and landing (especially with the head latency provided in Active Camera) When I'm at cruise, though, I like having the FMS for its VNAV/LNAV capabilities.I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me can find a way to put the PSS gauges into the VC (someone did it on the CLS A340-500/600 and they work wonderfully!)There's a merge available in the AVSIM libray for merging the PSS 777-200LR with the Overland 777-200ER... but beaware that it is NOT a true merge because you are still using the -200LR FDE from PSS... but since I don't fly FS as a hardcore systems simulator, I couldn't care less about fuel burn, etc... Give that merge a try.. you'll like it!Alex

Well... I've managed to successfully merge the PSS panel with the Overland 777-300ER model and it works very well!!!I simply copied the Overland model and textures to PSS folder, renamed the model folder to "model.ge" and then added the aircraft CFG entires from the Overland CFG to the PSS CFG (and changed the model entries to "model=ge"Since I don't use the PSS model, I copied the VC entries of the Overland CFG into the PSS CFG, replacing the PSS entries (I made a back of the original PSS CFG first!!!!)It works like a charm and flies beautifully!!Alex