Sign in to follow this  
scott967

FeelThere - Wilco EMB145 - Legacy

I have some interest in the Honeywell avionics panel in the EMB-145 aircraft so was thinking about getting a payware, but recent threads on this developer (s?) makes me cautious. Right now my target is FS9 but FSX is also desireable.My priority needs are1. 2d panel with good systems simulation2. good flight model3. VC nice to have4. detailed interior/exterior don't care What is the realtionship of FeelThere to Wilco? Are they different or actually the same? It seems like the Legacy is sold by Wilco, but the EMB145 is sold by FeelThere. Is the Legacy actually an update of the same EMB145? Would one or the other be preferred for my priorites?scott s..

feelthere is the developer, WILCO the distributor. The Legacy (EMB135-BJ) is a stand alone aircraft, built upon the success of the ERJ and appropriately upgraded / refined.I have been a big critic of FT and Wilco for various reasons, but I own most of FT's aircraft. The Legacy is one of my favaorites. I have just under 100 VA hours in her.Systems simulations and FM are very good in my opinion. I really enjoy the 2D panel, VC is equally enjoyable though I am not a VC fanatic.Two minor critisims would be the HUD and night lighting. The HUD usually works well, but still seems as if sometimes it gets out of synch with the AC (not that often though). The night lighting is there and ok, just not anything special.Overall I think it is a great aircraft.Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

Scott,Feelthere design and build the models, Wilco is just a publishing/sales organisation. The Erj-145 was an older Feelthere product, and the Legacy is newer and substantially better product.Both planes have good 2d panels with nice gauges and FMC. I enjoy flying them. However, they are not Level-D or PMDG quality when it comes to systems simulations.I think the Legacy is a very nice addition to any corporate hanger. Somehow, I think that Feelthere has gone downhill since then with the Boeing 777, and now the Airbus.

Graeme Butler

>I have some interest in the Honeywell avionics panel in the>EMB-145 aircraft so was thinking about getting a payware, but>recent threads on this developer (s?) makes me cautious. >Right now my target is FS9 but FSX is also desireable.>>My priority needs are>1. 2d panel with good systems simulation>2. good flight model>3. VC nice to have>4. detailed interior/exterior don't care >>What is the realtionship of FeelThere to Wilco? Are they>different or actually the same? It seems like the Legacy is>sold by Wilco, but the EMB145 is sold by FeelThere. Is the>Legacy actually an update of the same EMB145? Would one or>the other be preferred for my priorites?>>scott s.>.>Wilco is the distributor for FT's products. If you buy the Legacy, you will have to deal with Wilco's customer service, a service I consider substandard (atrociously slow downloads, broken and interrupted downloads, requiring "resetting" of your counter, etc.).If you care about systems simulation, download the free Embraer 135 panel by Bill Grabowski. It's a classic and comes with an excellent manual, which is heads and shoulders above the manuals that Wilco puts out for their Embraers. The "manual" for the Legacy is particularly useless. The Legacy is better than the ERJ 135. However, many flightsimmers, myself included, felt "shafted" because of having to buy the new version at full price. That's Wilco's customer service for you. A real ERJ pilot over on simflight.de tested both; his verdict:"# Das Handbuch hat den Namen nicht verdient, ganze 15 Seiten umfasst es! Lieber bei Feelthere das Handbuch des ERJ145 herunterladen# Diverse Logik- und FMC-Fehler wurden seit dem ERJ145 nicht korrigiert oder sogar zum schlechten hin programmiert"ricardo

If you are after Honeywell, instead of their legacy, why don't you get their Citation X?Looks like it's coming out really soon. Wilco is already taking pre orders.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Thanks all --I found the freeware AC and panel here at Avsim and will play around with that first and see if I really need a payware for it.scott s..