Sign in to follow this  
Guest blaster331

Can anyone help me w/ flytampa airports?

Guest blaster331

Greetings all'I posted this problem on flytampa's website but didn't get a solution.KSEA & KSFO shimmer like crazy from a distance.All is well when on the ground and maybe within 2 to 3 miles of approach.The further away I get the more it looks like a mess of shimmering.My AA is at 4x and AF at 16x.I am running a 7800gs p4 3.4 2gb crsair.Never had this problem until I changed my card to nvidia.bestAndrew

NOt sure abou the shimmering but I know as you get closer more objects start to appear. I think to help with frames some things wont show until you are close to the Airport. Is this maybe what you are seeing?

Guest blaster331

Greetings Andrew, Thanks for the help.I know what your talking about.Its the airports ground textures which shimmer like crazy the farther away you fly.I have tried just about every combo of AA & AF plus all kinds of tweaks with no avail.Funny it is just KSEA & KSFO. KBOS looks stunning!At this point I'm wondering if files got corrupted when I burned these d/l to cd.BestAndrew

I most definitely have this with the Dubai scenery (suddenly disappearing and appearing objects including shimmering)to the extent that I've uninstalled it. The Vienna and St Maarten sceneries however are fab!

Have you tried reducing your MipMaps down to around 4 or 5 ?

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Andrew:Ditto for me at least at KSFO. It might be the video card. Don't know for sure though.I changed video cards from ATI Radeon X850 XT PE to nVidia 7900 GTO. I think the nVidia card renders less nicely or effectively than ATI but because it has huge RAM and because it's nVidia I can use it for Triplehead2Go which is great. But the shimmering at Fly Tampa's KSFO sucks.JS

Guest blaster331

Thanks for the replys.At least now I know its not something messed up in my system or in the FS9 folder.I redownloaded both airports from flytampa but no change after fresh install.Accually pushing mipmaps up to 7 helped.Quite opposite of how I adjusted my ATI card.JS, I am in total agreement with you.I run this on both cards and ATI is a real winner in displaying graphics.I wish they would fix their cards to support the 3head2go.KSFO is also yhe worst for meBest regardsAndrew

Hey Andrew:If it's any further consolation, last night on total impulse I bought Fly Tampa's St. Maarten. It is stunning and a lot of fun but it also shimmers exactly like KSFO. In fact the whole area shimmers because they did the whole area. It sucks. Too bad but what the heck, these are some of the prices we pay for stunning scenery etc in Fs9.And nVidia....!I am stuck with nVidia because of my triplehead set-up. Ain't no way I am EVER going back to a single LCD screen. Never! So, I guess, in its own way, nVidia rocks!I don't know if ATI will fix their cards for Triplehead. It's been a long time now and no sign of them doing anything at all. JS

Guest blaster331

Thanks JS, I was already to purchase St Maarten myself but now based on what your reporting I'll buy Flightzones Portland. I hope that Flytampa is following this maybe they can fix this since it appears to affect their textures and only theirs.BestAndrew

Guest neslesman

I get the shimmers at some airports too, expecially Fly Tampa and nothing I can do with the Nvidia card will change it. I'm hoping for a driver fix but in the meantime I'm not sweating it much, everything else looks so good and performs so well they I just overlook the minor shimmers.

Nes:Good attitude to have in the circumstances!JS