Sign in to follow this  
EngineRoom

Does the tail wag the FS Dog?

>He's a forum administrator and has access to our forum>statistics page. That's what he bases his facts on. How's that>Andre? :)Tom sorry to say but there is more as AVSIM out there :-rollThose stats doesn't say anything beside titleproxy lol If you want to have a proper view AVSIM alone won't do it...Beside that curious indeed what the outcome should be maybe an idea to have a poll Tom? of the AVSIM users...What I try to say that he probably don't know it to ;-) and as an IT guy (thats a fact I know how it works and with reporting data ;))Cheers :-beerchugAndr

André

Guest Bilko

>Tom sorry to say but there is more as AVSIM out there ;-)>Those stats doesn't say anything beside titleproxy lol >If you want to have a proper view AVSIM alone won't do it...Good point.

Guest over and out

We only have a little over a year to start seeing the promos for FS11. I think I saw the fist FSX promo last summer, then it was released before Xmas. Summer 2008 is about 13 months away and FS11 will follow at about 16 to 18 months from now. That aint too long for me to wait while I enjoy and get my $$$ worth from FS9. :)Lets hope FS11 is a little better planned...

>We only have a little over a year to start seeing the promos>for FS11. I think I saw the fist FSX promo last summer, then>it was released before Xmas. Summer 2008 is about 13 months>away and FS11 will follow at about 16 to 18 months from now.>That aint too long for me to wait while I enjoy and get my $$$>worth from FS9. :)>>Lets hope FS11 is a little better planned...>Tried but don

On the contrary, there is a gross undersupply of good FSX only aircraft available right now. At the same time there are a multitude of aluminium tubes with wings for FS2004... I reckon that a half decent aircraft for FSX using all the additional features that the new platform provides will sell like hotcakes...Now that SP1 is out there and apparently a success, this pent up demand is going to explode.I guess those with low to middle end hardware will continue to have issues if they wish to experience the best that FSX can offer, I just know that given my experiences I cannot contemplate going back to relatively blurry textures and flying like you're on a set of train tracks.Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32Check out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

>Take note; in FSX, MegaScenery is not only 16 times "clearer">with it's high definition textures, but has no effect on frame>rates either! I run FSX MegaScenery at 25-30 fps with>unbelievable depth and crispness. Have you tried Tileproxy? They talk wonders, I think given your "tastes" (photorealistic rather than autogen) you'll like it very much.Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest over and out

I'm glad FSX with the megascenery works great for you.As for FS9 and MegaScenery on my machine, it was just a show stopper. If I flew out of LAX with PMDG 737 the machine was "dead Jim". Once I uninstalled it, the frame rate shot back up. So for me I chose to fly the 737 over the scenery :)

>Have you tried Tileproxy? They talk wonders, I think given>your "tastes" (photorealistic rather than autogen) you'll like>it very much.>Wow!!!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/171808.jpg.....Okay it's not really TileProxy, and I showed this one the other day. A real airplane (Van's RV) flying over Utah's Monument Valley.I have the program downloaded, but just haven't gotten around to installing it.L.Adamson

Personally, I think a simple poll would be a good idea. Simply asking did you stay with FS9 or FSX?I cant base my accusation on facts, it's just word of mouth. Even with the uploads, it seems more people are uploading for FS9 that FSX. And check out the screen shot forum. For the most part, it's FS9. Every now and then there is a post with TileProxy (correct?) shots... but that's mainly it.