Sign in to follow this  
Gnominator

AFCAD problem - stock airport is not ovveridden

Hi there,I installed an AFCAD file for an addon an AFCAD 2.21 shows the file on layer 66 with a greyed out stock airport file on layer 7.Interestingly FS9 seems to ignore the fact, that the AFCAD file is actually in the addon scenery/scenery folder which should in theory override every other afcad.Is there some kind of cache which has to be emptied beforehand? Or is there a way to get rid of the stock airport? (I tried deleting the AP89blablabla.bgl file from the scenery/eurw/scenery folder, but flightsim still positions my aircraft on the same weird spot off the runway - therefore I believe there is a cache problem).If anyone knows the solution i would be grateful.Thanks a lot,Robert

AFCAD files does not over ride the stock airport.The file created by the AFCAD program includes a statement which tells FS to ignore certain elements from lower layer scenery files.Since AFCAD can only modifiy about 60% of the airport data necessary for FS, you need the AP9nnnnn.bgl file, the NV and OB files for the other parts.You also do not want to get rid of the stock file because it can also include a few hundred other airports.A couple things come to mind.1. Are you going to the airport from a saved flight? They save your aircraft position by Lat/Long and have no relationship to the airport/ AFCAD.2. There is a cache of sorts - the scenery.dat file in the folder with the Scenery folder holding the scenery (AFCAD) file. If you want to delete it, fine, just make sure you only delete scenery.dat files.3. I assume you worked on the AFCAD file - did you move the start locations. They are hidden in the normal AFCAD view. Many folks make the mistake of moving a runway and not moving the associated start location.4. Have the start locations been removed from the AFCAD? That will cause the aircraft to be positioned at the airport reference point, not on a runway or parking spot.5. Do you have an addon scenery? Whole additional potential can of worms.Finally - which airport?Also, we may need to see the actual AFCAD file to tell is there is an issue with the file itself.

i guess if you have your scenery on a CD (does anyone do that any more?) it will be cached on HD, but I think the normal behaviour is to delete the cache when exiting the sim.scott s..

Guest wji

Reading AF2 File/Properties info will indicate exactly where the open AF2 resides -- sometimes considered "useful information".

Thank you all. Problem found and solved. It was the mispositioned start location. Sometimes solutions are strikingly simple.