Sign in to follow this  
fablarto

Display Settings Hotkeys?

I was wondering if anybody is aware of a way to quickly switch between display settings in FS9. For example, it would be great to create a few settings profiles that you can switch to mid-flight depending on the situation. For cruising with scattered clouds, you'd have your best settings selected. Then as you are on final at JFK, the clouds are really dense and the ground traffic is heavy, conspiring to crush your FPS. You then hit something like Ctrl+Alt+3 and quickly bump your settings to a lower profile using preset smaller textures, lower cloud draw %, and less traffic. Wouldn't that be nice? Has somebody already created this utility?Alden

Thanks Jim,I had thought about that, but it's possible to manually adjust the settings in FS9 without restarting (although it's not instant - you need to wait for the changes to load). So somehow, it seems that FS9 can be instructed to incorporate new settings without restarting. Whether this is possible to do with a 3rd party add-on is another story. Anyhoo, my two cents. Alden

Guest RonB49

You can do some of that with the payware version of FSUIPC. For a while, I had the "T" key set to disable then reenable traffic. It was nice to turn it off when on final at a busy airport; touch the key and you were all alone instantly and seamlessly. But, when you turned it back on you had to wait for it to go thru a reload cycle.I seem to recall that Pete Dowson discusses some possabilities of what can and can't be done with this feature in the Hot Key section of the FSUIPC docs.R-

Oh yeah, I should have looked into FSUIPC's capabilities and limitations (I have the registered version). I'll check into it.Alden

I took it a step further. I have 0%, 20%, 50%, 70% and 100% AI Traffic tied to keys in FSUIPC and it works really well. I use a heavily modified UT and the biggest difference in performance is between 70% and 50% AI traffic. Usually sufficient to have a smooth approach into "heaviest" airports. Other than that, I use different fs9.cfg files for different kinds of flying or even different high end add-on aircraft. That works very well, too. For example, I have an Airbus_fs9.cfg without the yoke and joystick is configured in a different way than for other aircraft. In some cases I also use alternate FSUPIC.ini with these separate fs9.cfg's.Regards,Jure

>Other than that, I use different fs9.cfg files for different>kinds of flying or even different high end add-on aircraft.>That works very well, too. For example, I have an>Airbus_fs9.cfg without the yoke and joystick is configured in>a different way than for other aircraft. In some cases I also>use alternate FSUPIC.ini with these separate fs9.cfg's.>>Regards,>JureGood advise, Jure. Thanks.