Sign in to follow this  

How many of you will buy the new MSFS?

Guest danowat

Hi,I was just wondering what I am going to do when the new MSFS (whatever it's name is) comes out.I have spent a lot of time and money on FS2002 so I definatly won't be dumping FS2002.I just wondered what others were going to do?.Dan.

Hi, I will buy it for sure."I have spent a lot of time and money on FS2002 "Me Too, this is probably why Microsoft did the right decision. many Core Features is from fs2002, Existant addons for fs2000, fs2002 works for fs2004 + new feature + new potentiel + existent feature improved.Every version of Ms you will always have new potential for 3rd party not seen before the previous version of Msfs.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

I think pretty much everyone, since all FS2002 addons are supposed to work right out of the box with the new one...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest danowat

Right, so basically I can install the new MSFS and transfer all of my addons from FS2002 to the new one and everything will be fine?.Well if that is the case then I am happy :)Dan.

As long as my FFG DC-10s still work, I'm buying :-hah

Guest JonP01

I won't even hesitate to buy it the day it hits the shops. However if any of my current add-ons don't work, or I find it performs poorly, then I'll just stick with FS2002.

I'm buying it for sure. I'll probably use both versions for awhile, until I decide which one I like best, and how many programs I can incorporate into the new one.Happy Jet Trails To Youflyking

Guest ssurjap

I definitely will. If they've made improvements to the scenery and ATC, I'll be one of the first.Steven

If Microsoft are correct (I don't doubt they at least intend it to be that way) most addons created for FS2002 should work out of the box.Exceptions are those where the authors hacked into the FS APIs going outside the SDK, if authors did that there are no guarantees.But I guess 90% of addons should work just fine or with minor limitations.I do plan to get it at or soon after release here. I won't be sleeping on the street outside the shop though, but will get it the next time I come there after it is released which may be days or weeks.I WILL keep FS2002 installed in parallel initially until I'm sure all my old addons will either work or have no place anymore because of being replaced with better default stuff.

I will buy it, I just hope the requirements to run it are not to high.

I won't give up my beloved PIC 767 but it looks as if it will work in Century Of FLight. I would buy it anyway just because it's new :) and want to see what more we can get like frame rates, weather etc. Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithcrvm@iwon.com" A little learning is a dangerous thing"AMD XP 2100 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ] K7S5A MB |[b]GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

I'll wait and see what other people say about it first. When we find out which of our favourite addons from 2K2 work, and which don't!I'm so happy with 2K2 that it'll have to be something special. An ATC system that allows you to change your flight plan as you fly could swing it for me. Better weather? I've got WxRE which does the trick for me.Most importantly will be how much of an upgrade my system will need to run it properly. I've got the feeling that P4 1.4, 256 RAM and GeForce 2 64 MEG on WIN ME might just not cut the mustard. How many Zlotys will I have to spend?It's progress though and that's a good thing.Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest SlimDady

As you have i have spent alot of money on my fs2002. Prob atleast 200$ buying payware and things.If all these willw ork with it.. ill buy it

I will wait for others on the board to buy it first and read their reactions before I buy. I definitely will eventually get it, however. My biggest concern is framerates. The designers of FS2004 claim that they, for the first time, will spend time optimizing performance in terms of framerates, but I will wait and see. I just spent 400 bucks on a T'Bred 2800+ (2.25Ghz) processor and will spend another 400 bucks on the 9800Pro when it is released. I don't want to have had spent all that money and have a new version crawl when I will finally had a decent performance with FS2002. I may even wait a year or so for computer Ghz to go up and prices to come down before I buy. In short, framerates will determine my choice of whether or not to buy.Robb

Guest RSmith

Last time smilar string appeared (another forum) I got flamed to a crisp for supporting FS2K2..... Yup, I'll buy newest version (again) - and happy to do it. Although I would think we should qualify for some "frequent buyers" points (discount), I still appreciate MS's continued development of my (our) favorite sim !Did not upgrade hardare since early FS2000, so I'm due there, also ...... so combined investment should probably hvaing me in "smile mode" again.....Ron