Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

FS2004 Full Screen/Windowed Mode Lockups

Hi,I left this message in RC4 because thats where I first noticed the problem, I think the message will get a better response here.Can someone try this and see if its just my problem or a problem with FS2004. Let me know what video card and drivers you have as well.1. Start FS2004 in widowed mode and change to full screen mode at the Create A Flight screen. Then create a flight to anywhere, with any aircraft, at anytime. Once FS2004 loads, try going from full screen to windowed mode. Make sure you click outside FS2004 so its

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi MichaelHave just read your thread on lockups within FS2004 as i am experiencing the same lockup problems, however mine are as i am programming the FMC at the gate, just as i pushback, starting the roll or anytime within my route, they are totally indiscriminant.I have Installed Level D 767, PMDG 747-400/747-400F, FSbuild, ASv6, Central England British Airports & Eurowings Pro.Over the past couple of days i have used Various Aircraft over the same route built using FSBuild, KBFI-CYYZ with with varying results,PMDG & Level D completed 50-60% of the route then Froze the system, before the freeze i had managed to set failures from the drop down menus and the aircraft remained in the air and system working.This morning in desperation i set off on the same route loaded from within FS9 using the stock Triple 7, before i managed to move throttles forward Total freeze, however on reboot and what appears to be a failure of my sounblaster card, the same aircraft was reloaded and is at this point, is 1 hour away from toronto, so could all this be an issue with the sound card.I hope this in some way helps youWith Regards Carl Renshaw EGHD Plymouth UK(Too Small For A Heavy):-(My System SpecAthlon 3200+ BartonMSI KT-6 Delta Motherboard1 GB Crucial DDR RamSoundblaster X-Fi Sound CardSapphire Ati radeon 9600XT 256Mb Graphics Card

Mike, I had some very similar lock-ups (full screen/windowed mode) here just the other day immediately after installing FSConnect. I removed the FSConnect.dll and the problem went away. I'm not saying anything bad about FSConnect, I'm sure there's a workaround, but check your modules folder and temporarily move FSConnect.dll out if you have it and see if your lock-ups go away.In my case FSConnect was required to enable a certain function in an app I was experimenting with. The app still works, it just doesn't interface with the sim without FSConnect. I thought it not worth the time to research a fix for the lock-ups, so I just removed it.Jim