Sign in to follow this  
rob9990

Square coastlines

I recently re-installed all of my add-ons and re-installed FS9 as well, and now my coastlines look boxy! Even lakes have boxy edges. I've attached a few pictures as examples. I have FS Global 2008 installed, as well as numerous scenery add-ons. I've checked for an answer and found a few answers, but none work for me. I've updated my display drivers and any landclass scenery folders do not have textures in them, as far as I can tell at least. I don't know what else to try!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!Thank you,Rob Hansfordhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/177896.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/177897.jpg

Those look like what happens when a replacement package is removed -but the utility to restore the default files is not run.Ultimate Terrain will do that if you don't follow the directions because like many such programs it renames default files and copies it's own version to the folders. To restore FS, the utility to restore the default setup has to be run before uninstalling UT.Did you do FSGlobal by running the install again, or by copying files over from your old install?My rule of thumb - payware - always run the install on a new FS intall.

Thanks for the reply. I installed everything by running the install again. I had this problem once before, but everything I tried last time doesn't seem to work this time.Rob Hansford

Does anyone else have any suggestions? It's not a huge problem, but it does kind of take away from any realism when you're flying over square bodies of water!!Rob Hansford

Provide a lat/long (or an extent of lat/long if it's a big area) to narrow down the problem.scott s..

It doesn't seem to matter where I fly, it all seems that way. I was reading elsewhere that reloading all of the default water files might eliminate this problem. I'm a little hesitant to do that as I have a lot of add ons installed. Has anyone tried this?Thanks,Rob Hansford

Hi Rob,Just had the same problem and solved it by changing my regional settings in windows to English (USA), that was it!Hope it helps,Best regards,Eirik Alim