Sign in to follow this  
JET 1

Crashing while switching from fullscreen

My attempts to refresh my interest in flight simming are being repeatedly blocked by this #### of a bug.When I need to switch from fullscreen mode to windowed, for instance to start a program like Activesky which can

Guest ightenhill

I can't relly help but can say the same thing often happens to me, however im confused.. In full screen i press alt for my menu bar and it appears. I dont have to be in window mode?

I think it is NOT a driver issue because I have the some problem with my Nvidia 8800 card (and also with my former 7600GT)I can access the Level-D menu or any other within the fs9 taskbar with the ALT key but the problem occur when switching to windowed mode and after that, back to full screen.I am also in for a solution...Happy landings...

I had the same thing, then someone told me to use the Windows key (left of the Alt) and since then everything's fine. Worth a try!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest JBaymore

JET 1,Do you have Aerosoft's AES services installed?

Hello,I

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I had forgotten that window key trick and it actually works, more often than alt-tabbing anyway. Thanks! Should be put in a FAQ somewhere.. The thing is, it does not force FS9 out of fullscreen mode, maybe that is why it seems to be more stable.What it does not solve is the mysterious "blacking out" of activecamera and LDS menus, which force me to switch to windowed. Fortunately, they dont need to be accessed on every flight.

Guest JBaymore

>Yes, I do.>>EDIT: (forgot the quote) ... have AES installed.JET1,I have been told this is a known bug with that AES program installed. It started for me right after I installed it, and I did some research back then on how to STOP it. No one seems to know how to get rid of it.... but there are workarounds. I have used both ATI and NVidia cards and both have the issue.I use the Windows key as the "workaround" at the moment. Not perfect, but.........I am running a simpit and use FSXpand as one of the instrument programs (across the network) and the combination of AES and the FSXpand server causes FSXpand to hang during the loading of FS2004 too. It either does the "shimmering hourglass hang" as FS2004 tries to restore after the FSXpand program autoruns, or FSXpand just stops responding and I have to CTRL/ALT/DELETE to kill it. Then I have to use the Windows key and manually start FSXpand after fs2004 is running, and then restore fs2004 to full screen.I love AES..... so hate to remove it.

Guest pclark36

It has something to do with the refresh rate of the sim. I stumbled upon it accidentally tweaking with NVtray while flying. I went to click AA settings, and changed my refresh rate. instant black screen, no getting it back. Is there any way to change the refresh rate that the sim uses? Or is something trying to customize it? Maybe check the custom resolution/refresh rate in drivers? Maybe there's a difference between windows desktop rate, and the rate that FS9 is using?Just some questions for the more technically saavy than I. Patrick ClarkAnchorage, Alaska, USAhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg