Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Best setup for Brasil

I just recently downloaded Rio de Janeiro V8 from the library. It's a pretty good freeware package covering the Rio area, but I was wondering what other sceneries my be even better than this, free or payware? I already have traffic for the area, so that is already covered. I did notice another package in the library called Mega Rio part 1 and 2, but didn't d/l yet due to the file sizes. Anyone try this package yet? I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

HelloSearch in the library for Gustavo LunaHe is the man as far as small Brazilian airports go.

>I just recently downloaded Rio de Janeiro V8 from the>library. It's a pretty good freeware package covering the Rio>area, but I was wondering what other sceneries my be even>better than this, free or payware? I already have traffic for>the area, so that is already covered. I did notice another>package in the library called Mega Rio part 1 and 2, but>didn't d/l yet due to the file sizes. Anyone try this package>yet? I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.>>SeanYep there is some payware stuff heres the link :)http://www.worldsceneries.com/novosite/V_3..._eg/indexeg.htmhttp://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=2475Avsims review of TropicalSims Rio http://www.avsim.com/pages/0807/Rio/Rio.htm

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Best realistic scenery for Brasil without a doubt isMega Sao Paulo by Paulo Ricardo. It beats any other payware available in realism and detail. It is in several partswith other associated sceneries. All files available here.You must really read the installation instructions and followthem precisely to obtain what is an outstanding scenery.If you also have payware SBSP & SBGR sceneries you will seean incredible result.As far as Rio photoreal V8 is concerned it's very good also andtextures more realistic than Wonderful Rio scenery. If you haveSBRJ & SBGL payware then you may need to experiment disabling some bgls to get a good result at these airports. Wonderful Rio has more realistic 3D objects for all the major city landmarksand give a more realistic feeling than a totally flat photorealrender. I personally use Wonderful Rio.Regards

Thanks for all the replies. I was on vacation so I couldn't thank anyone sooner. I think I found a few I like, it's only a matter of figuring out which part of each sceneries to disable to intergrate the best parts of each. Some have better ground areas but not as nice airports and vice versa. I really like one of the freeware airports but not the freeware airports that comes with one the payware sceneries. So a it looks like a little tweeking will be necessary.Thanks again.Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Gawd, I remember Wonderful Rio. It was pretty good in it's day. Gotta reload that puppy some day. Whatever happen to that company? Just the one product? Did they morf into something else?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit