Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

Latest offering from Shockwave 3D Lights Redux.

Okay, I guess its a thing of compromise.Btw. is there some easier way then simply trying out with different numbers, where to place the lights? Some tool to be used to identify the position, "somehow" :D Cuz if it ain't, then the program is in my eyes too complicated to set up, and I won't be getting it - I know how pain it can be to set up those points relative to the center. And setting it up for ALL my aircraft addons, I think that would take me at least a month if not longer...

>Okay, I guess its a thing of compromise.>>Btw. is there some easier way then simply trying out with>different numbers, where to place the lights? Some tool to be>used to identify the position, "somehow" :D Cuz if it ain't,>then the program is in my eyes too complicated to set up, and>I won't be getting it - I know how pain it can be to set up>those points relative to the center. And setting it up for ALL>my aircraft addons, I think that would take me at least a>month if not longer...Lots have been done already by others : http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/view...der=asc&start=0I think you give in too easily Word Not Allowed....just fix up the aircraft you are going to fly, you are not going to fly them all at the same time. :-rollThe lights are not essential but they do help to freshen up this wonderful sim that has been around for quite a while now. :)

>I can't wait for that first early morning or evening flight>video. :)Me too Jeff! ... I can see it now Virgin Atlantic flight number VS 028 arrives bang on time at a wet LGW Rwy 08R from MCO.First her headlights shining in the distance then after a sweet touchdown creates her own morning mist as the reverser's kick and dry the runway. :-hah

Guest JTEK99

Ed:Greets. I've noticed someone put together a batch of light configuration coordinates for AI models. Any idea if doing so to a large volume of AI would really hurt performance?

WoW, am I glad they re-thought the decision on not doing this for FS9.1.I emailed them on the day it was released and asked them to re-think this decision if it was possible.anyway, can some kind soul please tell me whats the difference between Shockwave 3D LIGHTS REDUX for Microsoft FS2004 (10MB) and the Shockwave 3D LIGHTS REDUX Mega-PACK for Microsoft FS2004 / FSX (10MB)Many thanks.

There are two products:- 3D Lights Redux for FS2004- 3D Lights Redux for FSXThe pack simply allows those who want redux on both FS9 and FSX to get it in one shot. The pack is not a single installer, it's 2 separate installers (one for FSX and the other for FS9) since the process of installing is quite different for both platforms.Scott.

Someone mentioned that the file spotlight.bmp is not replaced. What does this file do?JimCYWG

>Someone mentioned that the file spotlight.bmp is not>replaced. What does this file do?>>Jim>CYWGWhen you are in the cockpit at night and your landing/taxi lights are on....that huge swathe of light in front of you is spotlight.bmpThere are alternative spotlight.bmp's.... one I like is:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...hor=&CatID=rootYou can see it in this video: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek6D9TD668s But beware one does not fit all!...as MS unfortunately made one spotlight.bmp for all aircraft.So BACKUP! I need to use the default bmp for some aircraft.

Great video Ed, very nice.I like the reverser effect as well, very realistic.I think I'm going to get this Redux lighting, anything that makes this sim better can't be bad.Next I'm going to look into this reverser thingy.am I correct in doing the following here guy's?I have altered the config files in the Wilco Citation X, what I have done is the following.Wilco Citation X[sMOKESYSTEM]smoke.1=-13.3, -22.6, -22.6, fx_contrail_s.fxsmoke.2=-13.3, -22.60, 22.6, fx_contrail_s.fxsmoke.3=-13.3, -22.6, -22.6, Opensky_revspraysmoke.4=-13.3, -22.60, 22.6, Opensky_revspraysmoke 1 and 2 are the original lines, so I copied and pasted them below, and added the required text for the spray effect, and then numbered them 3 and 4. Or should I have left them as 1 and 2 again as they are different writing / titles.I have also added the text to the panes config as required.Thanks for any help.

Hi again.Well the following seemed to work just finesmoke.1=-13.3, -22.6, -22.6, fx_contrail_s.fxsmoke.2=-13.3, -22.60, 22.6, fx_contrail_s.fxsmoke.3=-13.3, -22.6, -22.6, Opensky_revspraysmoke.4=-13.3, -22.60, 22.6, Opensky_revsprayI think we should perhaps set up a database of this feature so others can just add the relevant details to their aircraft cfgs and panel cfgs, kind of what they have done over at the shockwave forums.Just a thought.