Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

FSNavigator can't see new VTBS by SIAMAVSIM.com

Hi GuysI'm really struggling here to get FSNavigator to acknowledge the new Bangkok Airport Suvarnabhumi International scenery from SIAMAVSIM.com.I've run FSNavDBC with the af2_vtbs.bgl file first in it's required location for a correct installation of the scenery but also placing it in the Addon Sceneryscenery directory but when FSNavigator is fired up in FS, there's no mention of it under the AsiaThailand group of airports.I've seen the scenery working fine within FS so i know it's installed ok but just can't get FSNavigator to see it !!!Any help much appreciated Gary

Gary, which version of FSNavigator are you using ?In version 4.7 the issue of it not "seeing" addon and/or altered AF2_XXXX data, has been resolved, as long as it is included in an active scenery folder.Hope this helpsHans

I am not familiar with FSNAV but have a similar issue with other applications on certain sceneries. It usually happens when an AFCAD file is included with the main scenery folder of your add-on.Try creating a folder such as AFCAD2Sscenery on your FS drive. Move the afcad file here. Run FS and add the AFCAD2S folder to the scenery library running it at higher priority (lower number) here. Restart FS so it reindexes the scenery file. Then run what you need to in FSNAV to rebuild its database.This insures that data from an afcad file does not get overwritten with runway deletion scenery or excludes in sceneries.

I agree with you Ron and I've had to do the same in some cases where FSNavigator e.g. presents incorrect or conflicting (ILS) information.Because of your post I now know why. However, previous versions before 4.7 would not take these separate AF2_XXXX files into account.ThanksHans

>Gary, which version of FSNavigator are you using ?>>In version 4.7 the issue of it not "seeing" addon and/or>altered AF2_XXXX data, has been resolved, as long as it is>included in an active scenery folder.>>Hope this helps>HansHansI'm actully using 4.7.Having looked into the problem further, my initial observation may be incorrect.What i believe i should have said, is that VTBS doesn't show up in FSNavigator's list of airports with SIDs/STARs and not that it can't see it as i've now found it in map view.To get around the problem, i've set VTBS as the destination airport via the map view and not through the airports list. I guess, until i acquire the SID's / STARs for VTBS this situation won't change ???It was my assumption that after running FSNavDBC, VTBS would show up in the airports list. Just goes to show what they say about assumption...Many apologies for stating incorrect information.Gary