Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

Flight planning question

Hello All I am probably being dim,but i have question about the fs9 flight planner and FSnavigator.It seems that the FS9 planner can only handle a plan from airport A to airport B,but in FSNav your plan can include two three or more airports to stop at on your trip.You seem to be able export that to FS9,but how would it handle multiple airport landings on a route?(mainly IFR in my case)cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest 247

I cant help you out on your question but i have one for you. How do you make flightplans in fsnav and then export them may i ask ?

>I cant help you out on your question but i have one for you.>How do you make flightplans in fsnav and then export them may>i ask ? Hello ThereWell i create a flightplan in FSNav as normal ie enter my DEP airport and then ARR airport ,i then then select the plane i want to use for that flight,decide on my altitude (depending on direction of travel)select create AUTOROUTE in FSNav options...and thats the plan created.I then select the option(From FSNav) to save plan ......ie i might save it as .... Airsource Flt 456 EHAM-LGAV DIS 900 nm British Airways 737/700(Thats not a real flight just example of how i do it)once i have saved it,i then select the option (again from FSNav menu)to export it to FS9)i will then select my departure point(which FSNav offers ie Gate or Runway medium or large etc i always select a gate or cargo etc...never active runway))and thats it.cheers Andy

Hi Andy,In the flight planner you can drag the red line to any airport (or navaid) along the way and it'll be added to the flight plan. I've never tried it, and I'm sure it's the same way with a plan exported from FSNav, but I think ATC will see your added airport as just another waypoint with no intention of landing you there or anywhere except your final destination. You'll probably hear plenty of "Speedbird 456 you are xx,xxx below your assigned altitude, climb and maintain..." if you try to drop in with ATC active :) .Jim

In the real world when you land - that flight plan is finished. You need a new one to fly to the next airport.It is useful in FS to have multiple airports in one flight plan and easy to do as noted above - just drag the flight line and release it over the airport where you want to stop.The only thing the FS default flight planner cannot do that FSNav does is create a new waypoint anywhere (FSX does have that capability).Now since FS is going to control your flight from ATC like the real world and expect a landing to be the end of your flight plan - it's a challenge to do what you want with multiple landings.What you have to do is cancel IFR when you get close to the intermediate destination airport - make a landing VFR. Then reactivate your IFR flight plan and takeoff. Be sure to not let FS move your aircraft back to the start of the flight plan.Be sure to follow the instructions in the Learning Center on the GPS to advance the active leg to the one you want to fly.

Thanks guys For clearing that up.by the way i tried the old cancelling IFR and using VFR rules trick the other day,i was flying a CONVAIR 240 and was trying to get to grips with the primitive autopilot and was having difficulty obeying ATCs instructions at the same time so i cancelled IFR went VFR instead. On my approach to the airport in my plan(could have been Dallas Love KDAL) i selected my runway for landing and was then told in no uncertain terms that the airport was IFR only and to clear of somewhere else.PS If a flightplan ONLY covers you from airport a to airport b in the real world then thats what i will do in my sim world.Thanks for your helpcheers Andy

that the airport was IFR only and to clear of somewhere else.At which point I change the frequency and land anyway.I've yet to be cited by the virtual FAA.