Sign in to follow this  
Guest fullstoplanding

DHC-2 Beaver

I have the Aerosoft DHC-2 Beaver. If anyone has it or a similar one here is a great read. I was Googling-around looking for Beaver power-settings vis-a-vis real Beavers when I came across this site.http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopic.php?t=15291Forty-four posts where real pilots go back and forth with their recommends for power settings, plus a lot of other good stuff. Besides the technical info, it reads like a mini-short story using back and forth dialog.Since I fly with FS 9, I've posted it here.Roger

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't think so. It seems these fellows are all genuine bush pilots. I believe, though, that he does owns a Beaver. Speaking of Harrison Ford and Beavers, here is a great movie that features Harrison Ford, Anne Heche called "Six Days and Seven Nights" and in the movie the third "star" is a Beaver. I rented it from Block Busters three weeks ago, watched it twice and I'm still in love with Anne Heche! :-lolIf I had another thumb, I'd give the movie 3-thumbs up. Roger

Mr Ford does indeed own a Beaver. He bought it totally refurbished by Kenmore Air. He was so taken by the Kenmore Air experience he wrote the forward to a book titled "Success on the Step" which is the Kenmore Air story. A good read if you are a Beaver fan.