Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

New KJFK Airport

Hi,Anyone know if there is a company working on a new KJFK airport?. Simflyers is so dated its not funny. If not are there any good freeware KJFK airports out there that are better than Simflyers?Thank You

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Unfortunatley not. Although one is needed New York in itself is a huge framerate pig.Maybe why no one is interested in tackling one.As for freeware. FRF Studios had done one that is quite good.Search AVSIM Library kjfkv4.zipCheers

Hi Clarke,I was hoping that all three would get an update. So far KEWR and KLGA were updated by Imaginesim. Maybe they will update KJFK.

Hi Again,I just sent Imagine Simulation an E-mail asking if they would include KJFK in one of their Future Project Polls. I hope they agree, and I hope it gets voted in. How many here would like to see an updated KJFK?.Anyone, other than myself?

>Hi Again,>>I just sent Imagine Simulation an E-mail asking if they would>include KJFK in one of their Future Project Polls. I hope>they agree, and I hope it gets voted in. How many here would>like to see an updated KJFK?.>>Anyone, other than myself?>>HI Michael I would love to see a new JFK airport! so if the poll were to come up again I will definitely vote for JFK!! at least for fs9 unfortunelly the fsx version would be just too frame rate hungry in the NYC area but regardless of that I still would love for it to be done.But the fs9 version should just be fine with current systems I have many memories with that airport also so it would be a dream to taxi and land at a new JFK so hopefully maybe after katl Imaginesim may consider doing it since they normally do airports that other don't bother to do in fs so heres hoping that the next ones JFK! :)

I certainly would. I would like FlyTampa or Simwings to tackle it. Fps hungry as the NYC area is, it NEEDS a group that knows how to render 3d really well - ironically those very groups seem to shy away.regards,Mark

I think FSdreamteam would also be another contender since they have already announced they're working on a new version of KORD for FS9 & FSX with a tentative released for mid Jan/08.I have their new Zurich scenery and as detailed as it is it runs great.http://www.fsdreamteam.com/Cheers