Sign in to follow this  
cujo

9dragons textures

Just installed--FantasticTwo issues1. installation instructions do not mention file 17, I assumed it was installed same as files 13 to 16.2. I have several buildings with no detail, just plain grey blocks (the two buildings to the left of the Haeco hangars for example)any ideas?Other than that the installation is fine.

Guest simonmd

Yes, for installation of the textures, it should read 13-17. Are you sure you don't have any 'rouge' Hong Kong sceney items still active from other sceneries?

Hi,I found another issue when you're not using high-res textures for Kowloon (by removing Kowloon_Hi-ResXX_PHOTO.BGL).There are six airport buildings on the water near the helipads (Government Flying Service building) and taxiway Y on the left of runway 13. With high-res textures, theses building are standing on the ground correctly.Best regards,Emmanuel Parot

Guest simonmd

Thanks for the 'heads up' on this. Any faults like this found will be noted and addressed in the future.

Thanks for a great package, it's really made my day (year even!) but just got small problem.When I installed everything was ok, today I went for some Kai Tak landing practice and my runway '13' has turned to grass? It shows the runway textures again when I climb above 700ft.Any help for this wonderful scenery is appreciated thanks?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest simonmd

Make sure you have activated the three 9Dragons folders in the right order in the Scenery Library list.

Thanks for replying. Yes I did put them in the right order, as I said everything was ok previously, next?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest simonmd

Then you must have an old VHHX or Hong Kong file interfering with it then. I've not seen this reported before so that must be it.Open FS9 and use windows search to look for anything 'VHHH', 'VHHX' or 'Hong Kong' in the folders. If anything else comes up other than 9D files and folders, ESPECIALY any other VHHX AFCAD files, remove or rename their extensions.

Done what you said but, there is a file 'E:2004SceneryCitiesHongkongscenery' called 'imghongkong.bgl' that won't move or delete?

Dave Taylor gb.png

This is what I see. As you take off the grass advances in front of you.

Dave Taylor gb.png

This is what I see. As you take off the grass advances in front of you.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Off the top of my head that sounds like you might have a rouge VHHX AFCAD file hidden somewhere.You should not have to move or delete that imghongkong.bgl file you found. That is a FS9 file, not one of ours. Did you de-activate the HK Photoreal scenery in the FS9 Addon scenery window (un-check the box that is)?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Yes to the HK Photo scenery Clutch. Please look at the 'text' file that should have been a picture but it is :-(How about if I was to uninstall-reinstall?

Dave Taylor gb.png