Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

777s Distinct lack off.

Hello I like the Boeing 777 and i use the model by Melvin Rafi(Meljet)these aircraft are still excellent externally even though they are knocking on a bit(Five years old now)that is the good news.There is a major irritation for me with these models and it is to do with the virtual cockpit display and its this.... when i switch to VC view there isn't one(I am not bothered about that i am not a VC fan)but there is on most models what appears to be a grey door that blocks out half the screen and thats it.I have tried every which way to try and tinker with panel and aircraft CFGs to remove THE DOOR but have never succeeded(i presume its something in the model or air file that is uneditable).I know i should probably just ignore it BUT I CANT!it drives me nuts(if there was just no VC at all as there is on most of my planes i wouldn't mind,but why THE DOOR!.Does anybody know what i am talking about?One final question why have all the major freeware developers (your POSKIES, IFDGS ETC ignored the 777? i think its a great looker and of course there are those two massive engines as well.Finally are there any freeware 777s hidden away somewhere in the dark recesses of the sim world?i have tried searching all the major sites but no joy they are all Meljet variations and most of them(not all which is also frustrating)come with the DOOR AGGH!Any ideas?cheers AndyPS cant afford anything payware at the moment sob sob!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Wow you sound upset!The Meljet 777 has a virtual cabin not a virtual cockpit so when you select the VC view you are seeing part of the virtual cabin. You must move the eyepoint in your aircraft cfg (I cannot tell you where to as I use Active camera which makes this process really easy)POSKY may well be making a 777 :)

>Wow you sound upset!>>The Meljet 777 has a virtual cabin not a virtual cockpit so>when you select the VC view you are seeing part of the virtual>cabin. You must move the eyepoint in your aircraft cfg (I>cannot tell you where to as I use Active camera which makes>this process really easy)>>POSKY may well be making a 777 :)>>

>regards>>Ed>>aka Capt. P[/font color][font>color=brown]i[/font color]c[/font>color]a[/font color][font>color=purple]s[/font color]s[/font>color]o[/font color]>>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/edetroit100/Ed3.jpg>>My FS9>Videos] >>AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD >256Mb DDR Nvidia 7800 GTX PCI-E, Audigy 2 ZS>Viewsonic VP2130b 21.3" LCD>[/font colorThanks EDI did know about the VC being a VC and i am not to upset really.:-) i will have a fiddle with those viewpoints though.PS i had heard the rumours of a POSKY 777 and that would be nice ,but really i have nothing against the Meljet just that door thing.cheers Andy

Hello EdI think you have solved the problem.I took your suggestion(about views)and without really knowing what i was doing i took the view section of an Egyptair 777(Aircraft CFG) which doesn't have the door problem and pasted it into two other 777 cfgS that do have the problem and when i reloaded those two planes THE DOOR HAD GONE in both.So cheers i tried everything to solve this and thanks to your suggestion i seem to have done it.cheers Andy:-)

What do you think of the flight dynamics of the meljet 777? It always seems like the aircraft feels very light when it should seem heavy. Saying that ive never flew the 777 so i have no idea what it feels like.

I merge the MelJet visual model with the PSS 777 FDE ... it works pretty well :).I can't believe that the Meljet 777 is five years old ...

>What do you think of the flight dynamics of the meljet 777?>It always seems like the aircraft feels very light when it>should seem heavy. Saying that ive never flew the 777 so i>have no idea what it feels like. HelloI am afraid i am not to up on the technicalities of flight dynamics.In my experience i have not had any really bad handling aircraft at all.Different planes have different capabilities(i am talking sim of course but that would go for the real world to i would imagine)for instance i find the IFDG airbuses underpowered in comparison to say the POSKY 737/700s,taking the IFDG a320s you have to be quite careful on takeoff it would be quite easy to stall the aircraft and you have to maintain quite q gentle rate of climb until your speeds pick up.With the POSKY 700S its just the opposite on takeoff you have to maintain a pretty steep angle of climb otherwise you find yourself very quickly exceeding 250kts below 10,000ft.One other rather irritating glitch i have had with a plane was with some of the POSKY 747s which would cruise with what seemed a very nose up attitude and there have been some replacement FDEs(i think thats what there called)which seemed to have helped with this nose up attitude thing.Finally all i can say as to the flight dynamics of the the Meljet777s is that they seemed have received good reviews(even though a bit long in the tooth now).I suppose to really know how a sim aircraft performs in comparison to the real thing a real pilots views are the only ones that count.I shall be flying the 777 tonight,and now i have finally removed THE DOOR and added all my favourite third party gauges to my 2d panel i will test fly tonight and bare what you said in mind as to flight characteristics.They are good lookers though.cheers AndyPS i quite enjoy learning to fly all the different aircraft with there different handling and performance ratings as it slowly(in my case)improves my skill as a sim pilot.cheers Andy