Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

Whatever happened to the Tweet and the Saab 340?

I saw someone was doing a Cessna T-37 Tweet, then never heard another word. Is it still to be released? The screenshots were very impressive.Also, quite a while ago, a developer was doing a Saab 340 complete with a fully featured panel. In my searches all I can find are textures from FFG. Whatever happened to that project? Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer.

I dont know about the T-37, but I was a beta tester for the Saab project by Precision Sim Designs. The founders of that freeware group have joined on with FFG, as they compile their resources to complete the project in Gmax. This particular project has been in the works since the release of FS2002, so it will be interesting to see how it turns out. FFG did release their FSDS model in the meantime, and it is a good model for what was used to design it with.Craig

I'm using a SAAB 340B designed by www.psd.avsim.net which appears stalled. You can download a panel from that site, but I do not see the aircraft.However, the magazine Computer Pilot in January and February did an article on an Australian commuter line using it and made that file available with the Rex paints. Mine is US Air and I think it came from one of the virtual airlines. Anyway, you can get the psd 340 aircraft from the January or February 2003 section under Computer Pilot Interactive at www.computerpilot.com. It was a two part article under their monthly IFR training section. I'm not sure if that one uses the King Air panel or the better realistic one from the psd site.By the way, the one I got from the VA had a glass engine instrument cluster which does not appear to be common.

To craigc and ronzie:Thanks for the info and quick replies! Downloading now!

You dont have the one from PSD, you have the one from FSP. I forgot about that model, but it is Gmax w/o a VC. I think I downloaded it at one point, and it was not quite as detailed as the FSDS FFG model. I imagine that the new Gmax FFG model will be incredible, but only time will tell.Craig

Guest Trevyuk2002

The Tweet i can help with......She will be available sometime soon if all goes well.Details can be found in the 'Aircraft' section of our website.I believe your Saab query has been answered.Take Care